Sunday, December 12, 2010

What Does it Take??

What does it take to get a nice picture with Santa?

An introduction?

Encouragement?

Force?

A rocking reindeer two-feet AWAY from Santa?
   
So, what does it take to get a nice picture with Santa?  I have NO idea!


Each year I think it'll get better and be easier, so far I've been wrong. We've never gotten that perfect picture with Santa - oh well, there's character in each one.  If you're wondering what's wrong with Finley's first picture with Santa, nothing really, but I never liked it - it looks like a chubby baby that I don't recognize.

And last year's picture?  I can't stand the excitement.

Our weekend was...snowy and cold.  Friday night we went out to dinner, it was the only time Finley left the house all weekend!  Over a year ago, Grandma let Finley take a drink of pop...he's never forgotten.

Finley & Spencer read the latest, "Golfer's Digest"; I was impressed when Finley picked up the magazine, realized it was upside down and turned it over...emerging concepts of print!

Saturday night, after 20ish inches of snow, Grandma, Grandpa & Spencer made the 1.9 mile trek over for dinner...

...and bath time!  No worries, it's a bath fountain!

How cute are they?!


Sunday...stuck inside since Friday night, what did Finley do today?  A little of everything!  He painted with brushes and his fingers...

...he "helped" mom wrap presents and put tape in his hair - this was REALLY funny until mom had to pull it out...

...he decorated a box with markers...

...we did laundry, baked cookies and Finley made a HUGE, FAT MESS!

I think Finley is proud of his mess, he agreed to pose with it...."Cheeeee!"

Pregnancy Update...I'm 14 weeks and feeling better in the evenings (most of the time).  Getting a bump (it's bigger at night), I feel huge, but in a few months I'll laugh about that.  Hoping I can wear normal clothes through Christmas, doubtful (I don't want to think about how long I wore them w/ Finley).  I can already tell I'll need to invest in a maternity winter jacket (I'm two months further along than I was w/ Finley in the winter), I'll take any recommendations of brand/style.  I'm still tired, some mornings I count the hours until I'll be back in my bed. 

Baby Update...Baby can squint, grimace, frown and...pee - lovely!  I'm not feeling movement yet; there are 3 things I like about being pregnant and feeling Baby move is one of them.  Hopefully soon, from what I've read second-time moms notice movement sooner.  Baby is the size of a lemon and his/her hands are a 1/2 inch long, can you imagine? 

No comments: