Sunday, January 23, 2011

Half-Way to #2

In a pregnant-world, 20 weeks is significant, so we'll start with the new kid :) This week I marked the half-way point of a full-term pregnancy...if it's another Finley, I'm over half-way there!

Wednesday was my ultrasound; baby is healthy and the gender will be a surprise!  Everything measured normally and all organs/parts are accounted for; Baby's HB was 149, continuing to drop, I'm leaning towards another boy!


Along with Baby's anatomy, my cervix was measured again.  It has shortened a bit, but not enough to cause worry; the length can fluctuate over the pregnancy, we will not check it again unless I have contractions.  No physical restrictions, just advised to listen to my body.  Another discovery?  I have a low-lying placenta - no need to worry yet (of course I am), at 34 weeks I'll have another ultrasound hoping that it's moved, if not, a c-section would be scheduled (this is a common condition, for most women the placenta will move up).  Baby's foot, with an odd-looking toe??  Finley's foot looked funny on u/s too, but it came out looking normal - phew!


The always creepy, full-face picture - that's quite the belly!

Spencer is all about Skyping; one night they called and Heidi said to entertain Spencer - we happily obliged.  Then I realized Heidi was no longer there - she'd taken Easton to the hospital and left Spencer Skyping with us!  For TWENTY minutes Finley & I entertained (disclaimer - Ryan was home, just not in the same room).  Heidi hadn't turned the camera on, so Spencer could see us, but we couldn't see him - the conversation got interesting when he asked if I liked his t-shirt.  Spencer wanted to see all of Finley's toys; Finley showed him his Zhu-Zhu pet and Woody, then Spencer wanted his Woody - he left to find it and never returned.

We Skyped with Grandma this week too!

Who needs a bowl?!  Finley (weirdly) likes his snack wrapped in a towel.

Finley had a dentist appointment - now that was fun!  Until they are 3-3.5, the appointments are to get familiar with the dentist's office.  Finley liked playing with the tools - filling up the water cup, sucking the water up with "Mr. Thirsty", pushing the buttons on the sink and riding up/down in the chair.  Then, Ashley asked to count his teeth, nope.  Then, Dr. Miskulin asked to see Finley's teeth, Finley crossed his arms and looked down, nope.  Dr. Miskulin attempted the "knee to knee" hold laying Finley across our laps to count and peek around - after Baby #2 got kicked 3-4 times I said, nope.

This was a two-day work week for me, it was freezing and we really had nothing to do!


On Thursday, we had a spontaneous playdate with Elle!  Melissa's brother and sister-in-law were having twins - we wanted Elle's Gramma to be there, so Elle spent the afternoon with us.  Finley happily showed Elle his toys (but she better not touch one!)...

...and made sure she shared her toys!!

When Finley wasn't looking, I let Elle get a taste of (possibly) her first tool - Squeeze from Handy Manny!

Elle is such a good girl, we enjoyed having her over.  It was fun to watch Finley with her - he whispered while she was sleeping, he got her blanket when she cried and retrieved her diaper when I asked.  I hope he's a good helper for his brother/sister too!


On Saturday, Heidi & I met half-way and I brought Spencer back for our first just-for-fun sleepover!  The evening was really busy, but it went really well.  Finley had a few possessive moments over certain toys, but I'm happy to report there was no shoving, biting, hitting or timeouts!

We had a pizza party for dinner!

Swimming fun!

Auntie sent along a surprise for each boy - same surprise, same color...so important! Giant HexBugs...they loved them!

We finished the night with jammies, a snack and a movie!  I was impressed - the boys were in bed and asleep by 8:45.  Finley thought Spencer should sleep with him - can you imagine two boys zipped into the crib tent?  Not so much, we sent Patrick to the basement and Spencer slept with me. 

When Spencer woke up in the morning, he stumbled out and said, "I had a good nap!" 
Before it was time to go, we had "Grandma's Pancakes" with chocolate chips!  Spencer & Finley had a great sleepover! Spencer was a nice, well-mannered little boy and so excited to be at Finley's house - he's welcome to come back anytime just-for-fun :)

Finley & I enjoyed a low-key, five-day weekend at home.  Our Packer Party of two (three if you count Jermichael) was too much for him!

No comments: