Sunday, January 9, 2011

School!

Finley & Patrick both received "Finley" jerseys for Christmas!  They wore them for the game - must've been good luck, we'll try again today!

Finley's biggest event of the week...SCHOOL!  On Monday, Finley got ready, I took his picture holding his backpack and I...accidentally deleted it - ugh!  The moment was gone forever as my impatient child would NOT pose again, trust me, it was cute! 
There was excitement in the car, but I felt guilty that Finley didn't know I would be leaving him.  I was nervous - How would Finley do?  Would he eat?  Would he cry?  Would I?  Would he nap without a crib?  Would he wonder where I was?  Would he wonder where HE was?  Would the teachers cuddle him?  Would the kids play with him?  Would he share?  I finally had a taste of the anxiety my "school parents" go through each fall. 

We arrived and learned the drop-off routine; Finley's first job is to wash his hands - he loves that everything is toddler-height!  I talked with his teacher and Finley noticed I was wearing my coat and his was hanging.  The anxiety really set in when Ms Nora picked him up and I inched towards the door, it was clear - mom's leaving!  The tears started, his arms were reaching and he was crying, "Mama", I said a quick good-bye with my own tears and dashed out.  At lunch I called and got a good report, Finley had quickly calmed down, loved playing outside, had eaten a taco (my kid??) and was sleeping on his mat!  It was fun picking Finley up, he'd had a great day and was so excited about the sticker he'd received.  That evening he was crabby!  He was tired from his busy day and went to bed 45 minutes early!

Tuesday's drop-off was rough - the moment we pulled into the parking lot Finley started saying, "No school!"  Knowing he'd had fun on Monday, I knew it would only take a few minutes to calm down again.  I was right and received another good report at lunch time, only on Tuesday he'd tried a BBQ pork sandwich (seriously??).  Tuesday was Crazy-Hair Day (special days will be fun) and Finley was in no mood for a picture - but he looked cute with spikes!


Finley has big boy underwear!

We're not potty training yet, but he's beginning to show interest.  He likes to wear his underwear over his diaper - totally annoying at changing time, but very cute and he's so proud!

We had a spontaneous playdate! Caden & Cooper came over to play - it was busy and fun!


Duncan came over too! What to do with four little boys? Tear apart the basement! I couldn't believe it - no tears, no fighting, just FUN!

We met in Menomonie to celebrate Grandma's belated birthday...unfortunately we brought the crabby, non compliant kid - enough said, I'd like to forget about the entire lunch date.

Finley's been suffering from a drippy nose, a cough and told me his ear hurt...I didn't believe him, but ran him in anyway - good thing, he has an ear infection and mild bronchitis.  Coincidence that he just started daycare?  Probably, but I have a feeling this could be a sick winter!  For being a good sport, Finley got a sticker and a sucker at the clinic.

Baby Update...Our sweet potato-sized baby is moving, it's not consistent, but 1-2 times/day I feel him/her rolling around.  I've even seen my belly move!  I got my first 17P progesterone shot, this is now a weekly appointment.  The shot is thick and takes about 60 seconds to be injected and can cause soreness - fortunately I didn't have any side effects after the first shot!  Finley came with to my appointment and it left an impression, "Mom - shot, bum, owie" thank you Finley, everyone needs to know ;)  Baby is definitely growing! 

Finley is back to school tomorrow - we've talked a lot about it and he's excited.  I anticipate tears, but I'm hoping this stage quickly passes, I know soon he'll cry when it's time to go home.  Finley's homework was to practice his teacher's names - just like with Stephanie, he calls them both "mom".  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good reports!  

1 comment:

Faith said...

So fun to see your cute belly - ALMOST makes me miss mine. Almost. :)