We kicked off our week with a Sunday cruise...love these kids!
Hadley turned two months old! She is an alert, smiley and laid-back baby; typically she has two or three awake periods/day ranging from 1-3 hours, then she crashes out again. I feel busier than ever (and it'll only get busier when she's mobile), but it feels like we've always had her. Two of my favorite perks of being a mom? The snuggles and comforting my baby quicker than anyone else.
Hadley had her two-month check up with Dr. Myhre. She was happy when we got there, not so much when we left - we hate shots! Hadley weighs 11 pounds 13 oz (69%) and is 22 inches long (35%). Overall she looked perfect, she's got a slight flat spot on her head (nothing like Finley's was), so we're repositioning her and Dr. Myhre will monitor it...I do NOT want to go down that road again!
Hadley is the newborn, but it's this toddler that keeps me most busy!
Finley still naps, but I will no longer play the "get out of bed 1001 times" game during the day, so I tell him he doesn't need to sleep, but he must sit and rest. It never fails and once he's out, he sleeps 2ish hours....I win.
99% of the time I can get both kids to nap at the same time...but not everyday :)
Jill, Cary, Gavin & Maddie were down to celebrate Gavin's potty training success with a trip to the water park. Finley has been asking to go since March (Spencer's birthday party), so we happily accepted the invitation to come swimming. He was soooo excited to go, then sat there...
...but it only took a few minutes and he was shooting water hoops.
Hadley & I tried out the bjorn for the first-time and she snuggled right in; I figured it was womb-like, warm and cozy with the sound of water.
Finley loves the water park! Unlike last time, there was no HUGE fit when it was time to go, so we'll be back!
We had a whirlwind weekend - Scotty & Becky got married! I wish I could share a picture from the wedding (this is from the rehearsal), Becky was a beautiful bride!
Even though Scotty was my friend first, Patrick had the honor to serve as usher. From Friday-Sunday, our kids were juggled between home, Grandma & Grandpa's, and time with Grandma Kathleen. Their Friday night started with dinner...
...and ended with a sleepover at Grandpa & Grandma's. It was Hadley's first night away from home! Finley was spoiled, he slept with Grandma and snuggled.
After a few attempts in the crib...
...Hadley was spoiled and slept in the bouncy seat.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I'm sure we have two tired Grandmas today; Grandma Kathleen babysat Saturday evening, then drove to Chicago early Sunday. Grandma attended the wedding, then slept on the couch so our kids could stay home (and we could stay out). THANK YOU! THANK YOU!


No comments:
Post a Comment