Sunday, October 16, 2011

Bittersweet

The end of this week is bittersweet, I will return to work on Tuesday.  It was a long week (sick Finley), so we were home a lot...but two exciting 'firsts' sweetened things up!

Hadley Update...whatever hit Hadley last Saturday was hard, but quick.  She woke up last Sunday fever-free and has been fine since - thank God!  She was up a few times this week (full moon?), but thankfully she seems to be recovered.  Then it was Finley's turn.

Poor Finley, this was NOT his week. Monday night he complained of a sore mouth, I ran him in and he was (mis)diagnosed with Hand, Foot & Mouth disease. By Wednesday, he was running a temp of 102, had a horrible sore throat, croup cough, glassy eyes and was very lethargic. After Hadley's scare, I wasn't taking any chances and brought him in again. Other than 'no strep' and 'no hand, foot & mouth disease' we didn't get any new answers.  He was put on a steroid (for the cough) and amoxicillian (not sure why, precaution?).  Finley loves medicine.  He fought the first few doses, but now he gives it to himself :)

Finley went potty for the first time!  On Monday night there was a dribble, which led to a Culver's celebration. 


And the awesome accomplishment continued all week - I never thought they day would come! He's certainly not fully-trained, but all of his 'goings' have been 100% on his own timing.  Finley refuses underwear, but (with the exception of overnight), he's kept his diaper dry 85% of the time - he even pooped on the potty twice!  Way to go BIG boy!

I altered our incentive charts (each chart demands more) and he's earning little prizes for his successes.  One of Finley's Potty Presents was play-doh, he also earned a Hot Wheels Monster Truck - I'm not above bribing.

Auntie's girl got a special package...


...Piggy Paint!

THANK YOU Auntie! Love you too!

My school is receiving a major addition; currently we're a one-story, three-section building and next fall we'll be a two-story, four-section school!  My Grandpa helped build the original structure and M&J is building the addition, it will be nice to have a 'new' school.  I brought the kids to the unofficial groundbreaking.


Hadley & I stopped by her home-away-from-home to drop off her supplies.  I know she'll be well cared for, but it's still hard...cue the tears and upset stomach.  Amy held her and Hadley was all smiles :)  While we were gone, Finley wasn't feeling well so he hung out at Grandma's...only an Oreo made him smile, poor boy.

With sick kids, we spent a few days in jammies this week.

Once Finley was feeling better; we met up with Tab at the Children's Museum. 

 
 

 Hadley had 'real' food - rice cereal, yum.  We picked out an adorable bib (thanks Auntie Aryn) for the occasion.

Hadley's compulsive hand-sucking could make feeding difficult - I cringe to think about baby food stains.  She'd take a bite and immediately put her hands in her mouth too!

Hadley did really well and thought it was funny!  The camera is a little all-over, but I was feeding with one hand and videotaping with the other.


Hadley was so proud of herself...now what to do about those hands?!


Ahhhh....so here the week begins, I'll officially be a working-mom of two!  My biggest anxiety is getting out the door on time!

No comments: