Sunday, October 23, 2011

We Survived.

Hadley & I both survived my return to work.  My first day was Tuesday and the morning was a bit rough, but I'm blaming my toddler for that.  Sitting on him to get dressed?  Yup, a proud mommy-moment.  Hadley did well at Amy's, she was teary after her nap, but overall it was a good day.  Amy was sweet and sent a few email updates to school.  After my teary (sobbing) drop-off, she reminded me that not long ago she was the crying-mom dropping her kids off...to me!  We've traded roles.  Wednesday morning was MUCH easier (thanks Finley), and we left home 20 minutes earlier - I even had time to pick up coffee.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that most mornings are like this.

Finley decorated Halloween cupcakes!

Being silly (I thought he'd fallen asleep) in Hadley's crib.

Hadley is enjoying her rice cereal, she's also moved up to 6 oz bottles - maybe she'll be a good eater?  I don't know what it's like to have a child that eats.  Finley was helping...

....and just like everyone else, his mouth automatically opens in anticipation that Hadley will open hers.  Why do we all do this??  Have you ever tried to NOT do it?  It's hard.

Hadley's first make-up lesson?  Nope.  Along with Piggy Paint and shopping for accessories, make-up falls into an Auntie's Job.

Grandma dropped off a t-shirt that Spencer picked out for Finley - Spiderman!  What do you know Spencer, I LOVE character clothes.  It's a kid-thing I've avoided as long as possible, but Finley will quickly skip over his Gymboree and Janie & Jack fully-accessorized outfits and settle on his Toy Story-type t-shirts any day.

Hadley's eye-hand coordination is developing, she's wobbly but successful.

Saturday morning we walked the Making Strides Breast Cancer 5K, it started off chilly, but was a nice walk along the bike trail.

We enjoyed a kid-free evening with friends, so the kids had a sleepover at Grandma & Grandpa's house.

Spencer stopped by on Sunday, Finley showed-off his new skill - he's very proud (and so am I)!!

The boys had lunch and Spencer had fun making Hadley laugh.

Spencer & Finley played outside and had engine trouble...

...so they hitched a ride.

Finley had his first school pictures taken! I swear his hair was combed when I dropped him off, unfortunately pictures were taken two hours after drop-off (at least breakfast isn't on his shirt).  He looks so old, big and kid-like.

No comments: