Finley started gymnastics! He was in gymnastics last year and it was a parent-tot class, now he's on his own. This is his first activity that doesn't require parent participation. Oddly I was the only parent that DIDN'T participate?! It is a good opportunity for him to follow directions, be a listener, gain independence and self-confidence....darn helicopter parents making me look lazy.
What a difference 1.5 years makes, Finley could independently do SO much more. At 2, I questioned the appropriateness of some activities, now I get it. Finley was familiar this time and got right to business. He may or may not have annoyed the teacher with all of his, "Look at me! I can do this!" exclamations. Finley didn't lack excitement and enthusiasm, I was pretty proud watching him out there on his own.
Thursday we enjoyed a spring-like day outside. Hadley was hilarious in the wagon, it made her day! She clapped, kicked her feet and laughed. We went on two wagon-walks, Baby Girl is in love with the wagon.
Hadley's first time riding in a cart the big-girl way...actually her second, Amy (her babysitter) took her to Target earlier in the week and it didn't go so well. Amy had to hold Hadley and push the cart...I'm glad she spoils her too :) She did awesome at the grocery store and notice the Finley-blur behind her, he loves the little carts at Festival Foods.
Friday was a gloomy day spent at home, Finley was jumping around - literally!
Camera was spotted.
Veggies in the form of a straw - yum!
Baby Girl is popping teeth like crazy, I noticed a new one at the grocery store, I think she has seven now.
Grandma was crazy enough to invite Finley over while she was babysitting Spencer, Easton & Nolan, what's one more? Easton & Finley cruised the driveway while checking Facebook.
It sounds like they spent all evening outside and made many loops around the driveway - wagon, bikes, gator, and tractors.
They ended their evening in the tub with glow sticks! There were a few cute bath pictures, but not enough bubbles to post them on the internet.
Today Grandpa is taking the two biggest boys to the Happy Grandparents Model Train Show...his idea for the three to go together. What a great Grandpa - what lucky boys!





No comments:
Post a Comment