Turning one isn't all fun. This week Hadley received four shots (see the band aids) and a finger-stick.
She also said good-bye to bottles! We dropped daytime bottles 2-3 weeks ago, leaving her bedtime bottle until this week. She's been bottle-free for three nights! Unfortunately she has gotten up two of those nights and it's taken an hour to get her back down. Hadley cries and points to the kitchen...so good-bye bottle clutter. Out of sight, out of mind? I do not miss bottles, formula, drying rack, etc all over the kitchen.
The kids & I took a road trip to watch Spencer play t-ball!
Finley wanted to play - bad. Luckily Uncle Ryan let him warm up with the team.
Without a stink, but a promise that his t-ball season starts soon (July 10th), Finley took his seat next to Easton.
It was a HOT afternoon, but we had fun watching our favorite #4 and finished with an (insanely busy) date at Culver's.
Hadley loves this chair, she needs one.
Finley has a thing for socks. If you've noticed pictures in the past, he's often wearing random striped/colored/animal socks with any given outfit. It's super-cute (not so much), but not worth the battle. It shouldn't have surprised me that for Mother's Day, Finley gave me a pack of rainbow-colored, tie-dyed socks (I'm so lucky). This week he made us all wear them - even Hadley!
The socks were a gift to me, they are my size, but...yeah, I can't even think of anything to say...other than Finley really likes these socks.
Finley and his rocket!
Hadley's current favorite? Climbing stairs. She begs to go downstairs only to turn right around. We don't share a love for this game.
After a few insanely hot days, we're back outside for playing...
...and picnics.
We had playdates this week! We went to Carter & Owen's house. Finley loved the trampoline, Hadley loved the cookies.
We also visited George & Gus, they spent the week at Grandma Lynn's house. Hadley loved checking out George.
I promise no babies were injured during our playdate.
Love watching them play together.
Hadley, don't eat the sand! Too late.
A few minutes later Finley proudly proclaimed, Mom, I eat sand like Hadley does.
Are you kidding me? In my best dramatic teacher-voice...Oh no Finley! Sand will make your belly hurt, I sure hope you don't throw up! Finley gagged, I snapped a picture and laughed on the inside.
Stephanie (Finley's old babysitter) and family host an annual pig roast, this was the first year we had the weekend free to attend. It is a huge event in their backyard - yard games, tiki bar, t-ball, swimming pool, trampoline, swing set, sandbox, bikes and more. Finley didn't know what to do first, he truly ran the entire time we were there. He.had.so.much.fun.
This would be an awesome place for Hadley's first step...
...or not.
Saturday morning Marc posted our dinner on FaceBook - a 130 pound pig stuffed with chickens, ick.
Thankfully by the time we got there, it was no longer recognizable. I called it "ham on the grill" for fear Finley would be scarred for life.
We finished our weekend with the First Annual Father's Day Golf Outing. This year the three dads and the three oldest grandkids golfed nine holes. As the babies get bigger, the outing will expand to include all of us.












No comments:
Post a Comment