Sunday, February 10, 2013

Finley's Snowmobile

The hair - oh my.  When we closed last weekend, I was hoping Finley had forgotten about the spikes.  Nope.  On Monday, he requested spikes for school.

On Tuesday it was worse, he requested a mohwak.  I have Trent to thank for this, he's the daycare friend that is Finley's inspiration.  I'm sure Trent is a nice boy.  I'm sure Trent is very cute.  But please let this be a short-lived phase for Finley.  The good news?  On Thursday, Finley told me the mohawk is for school-days only, haven't seen a spike since Wednesday.

Hadley is cute...

...and a destructor.  This took 90 seconds.

Our sweet Zoey-girl didn't get a good prognosis this week.  Heidi & my mom took her to UW-Madison, the tumor on her face isn't curable.  She's going to receive radiation in hopes that it'll get us more quality time for her.  Knowing this, makes these pictures all the more sweet.

Yes, addicts...but how cute are those little pointer-fingers in action?!

Kids spent time with Grandma while I had an appointment.

Gymnastics!

Wild pig tails!

Playing doctor.

Until about a week ago, my kids played like this.  Together.  Taking turns.  Nice.  Helping each other.

Recently it looks like this.

The fighting drives me nuts.  It's not only arguing, but also tattling.  And just because Hadley doesn't have a zillion words, she can still get her unhappy-point across.  And Finley follows me around the house, Mom, Hadley ___________.  Mom, Hadley won't let me _____________.  I know all siblings fight, but I was kinda hoping this set wouldn't.

Miss Independent didn't wait for help - stuck.

The kids got Target gift cards for Valentine's Day from Grandpa & Grandma.  Wow, painful to walk around watching Finley shop (can't make up his mind) and trying to contain the 20-month that only wants out of the cart.  He chose a Lego set and Chutes & Ladders.  He is very proud of his choices and I am too (I figured we'd end up with some superhero shooting thing)

We attended the Winter Carnival at my school.  We bowled...

...ate popcorn...

...and waited in a really long line for face painting.

But it was totally worth it!  Finley got a green snowflake and Hadley got a heart.

Finley played hopscotch - these picture are hilarious, but I wish I'd set my camera on a faster shutter speed. 

You can hardly see it, but Hadley had sparkley-thingys put in her hair.  She's a girl :)

We had a morning planned to watch Spencer's last hockey skate, go sledding/skating at Auntie's and stay for lunch.  I started packing on Thursday so I wouldn't forget anything - boots, snowpants, wool socks, dry clothes, etc.  I'm so smart, I even packed two coats for me - my long coat for sitting at the hockey rink, my short coat for sledding.  We arrived at the rink and I told Finley to put on his coat.  Where's his coat?!  (In my defense, before we left, I held his coat for him and he chose not to wear it for our hour drive.  So I set it down.  Unfortunately I didn't pick it up again).

Watching for Spencer!

There he is!

We even got to walk on the ice afterwards.  Finley told me next time he's wearing his boots, his feet were cold.  His arms probably were too.

We went to Auntie's for lunch and inside play (it was windy so we skipped sledding/skating, plus there was that no-coat-thing).

Due to bad weather, we missed Easton's 3rd Birthday Party a few weeks ago.  Finley has continued to wonder if Auntie saved him cake (he's got this thing w/ birthday parties and saved cake).  We brought sprinkle cupcakes so we could sing to Easton again.

Saturday night, we cheered on the Blugold Women!

Finley was excited for two things, both which happen after the game - talking with Casteel and running around on the court.

He's not a cute sleeper.  At all.

Hadley's totally staring down the 'terrible twos'.  This morning, I'd had enough of her (it's the constant whining, fussing, bugging Finley, etc).  As I was attempting to dress her, wrestling the alligator, I stopped the fight, set her in the chair and walked out of her room.  Surprisingly, she stayed.  I didn't put her in a time out, so there was no Super Nanny one-minute rule.  We were taking a break from one another.  Then it went quiet.

Patrick has wanted a snowmobile for Finley since...well, since he was born a boy.  The day is here. 

Finley has his own snowmobile.

Today was his first ride, he made quite a few laps around our yard.

Trying to go up a snow bank.

Trying to go past a tree.

I'm not sure who had more fun?

No comments: