Sunday, February 3, 2013

Last Week, Repeated

Grandma Kathleen's birthday was Tuesday, last weekend Auntie Shawna, Patrick & the kids had a birthday breakfast with her.

Hadley got a pancake.  A really, really, really, really  big pancake.

The rest of the week feels like a repeat of our week before. Maybe because it's colder than cold again, so we're stuck inside?  Not sure, but here goes...more gymnastics!

This picture cracks me up - Finley & Elle are picking their toes.  Which brings me to a story...Finley's been picking his toes lately.  Like at the fuzz that gathers each day from socks.  I've been giving him a hard time (it's gross), so of course he does it more (four year old humor?).  I think he gets it from Auntie, I remember her being a toe-picker too. 

Toes cleaned, time to warm up!

My mini-me?

The big kids have big moves!

The little kids have little moves!

Stuck inside?  Build a house.  The blankets were gathered.

My idea was the door - a cool, tunnel door!

Finley's idea was to fill the house with a zillion toys.  Finley told me he was the mom and there was a 'pretend dad'.  I asked what the 'pretend dad's' name was - I love imagination-play!  Finley thought for awhile (no joke, for about three minutes) and then told me the dad's name...Spencer.  Creative.

I was trying hard to make just staying home fun...so we had Mickey Mouse pancakes for breakfast...

...and a picnic lunch (idea stolen from Jill's recent FB post).

Games!  Elefun!

Painting!

Hadley was back in the toy box.

Bubbles!  Seriously, I wasn't lying that it's last week in repeat.

On Saturday, Finley told me he wanted a mohawk.  Um?  No.  Yes, mom, you know, spikey in the middle and straight on the sides (picture him showing me with his hands).  Yeah, I know what a mohawk is.  No.  He settled on spikes, courtesy of his dad.  He loved it.  Although he couldn't wear a hat - it would smush the spikes.  And I couldn't wash his hair - it would ruin the spikes.  Ok, this isn't going to work, you need to wash your hair.  He agreed after I promised to make a mohawk with wet hair.  Then said he wanted spikey hair everyday.  It's Sunday afternoon, so far he hasn't asked...yet.

Proud spikey-haired kid.

I can't believe it's February!  Auntie gave me an idea, Valentine's Day basket-thingys for the kid's chairs.  They arrived and I debated on hiding them, filling them with treats and setting them out on Valentine's Day, but they are too cute not to enjoy the entire month.  I'm certain macaroni & cheese will find it's way into Hadley's, but oh well.

And that's all I got.  It was really, a boring and repeated week.  Thankfully, we've already got things planned for later this week.


Please ignore my horrible attempt at updating the banner picture.  If anyone has tips on how to create a picture w/ the title on it - tell me.  Or, if anyone has photoshop and wants to creat one for me, I'll give you my password to have at it.  I suck at computers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

picmonkey.com :) --You just upload a picture, and then you can insert text right on the picture! Good luck!