Saturday, June 8, 2013

Bring on Summer Vacay

Little Mom got a diaper and wanted me to put it on her baby.  I put it on, she took it off.  I put it on, she took it off.  And she practiced a new word:  Again.  Again.  Again.  Hadley's so cool, she gets her own diapers too - not because she knows she's wet, but because I'm lazy and tell her to get one.

Auntie gave Hadley an American Girl Bitty-Baby for Christmas 2011, a cute little girl with blond hair and blue eyes.


Uncle Michael & Aunt Christina, Uncle Jeremy & Aunt Jenna gave Hadley a newborn Bitty-Baby for her birthday.

 She's two and has two American Girl dolls - spoiled much?

After posting a picture on FB with her new Bitty-Baby (I like saying Bitty-Baby), a school parent offered some of the American Girl Bitty-Baby clothes and accessories her daughters no longer play with.  This AG stuff is crazy.  There are raincoats, snowsuits, pajamas, dresses, shoes, toys and more shoes...and I've only peeked inside the tub of stuff.  Hadley immediately took ownership of the Bitty-Baby Double Stroller.  Finley immediately declared that the big handlebar meant room for two kids to push.  It didn't go over well.  I texted these pictures to the other mom asking if I could return the stroller.  (I didn't really return the stroller, but I considered it when they were fighting two seconds after I brought it in the house).

Finley settled for our single stroller...kind of.

Check out his hand.

 
We had a weekday soccer game. 


Finley played aggressively until he scored his second goal.  As the ball went to the back of the net, so did he.  He was knocked over, his glasses were knocked off, he sat out the rest of the game.


Finley graduated from Phonology Preschool!  Megan is excited to service Finley again next year, and I'm excited that she'll see us through this speech-thing, I think we're headed towards complete dismissal!!  In early fall Megan and I will set up what his 60 minutes/month will look like.  We love Megan!
 
Thursday was a lazy day.  Laying on the floor, eating brownies and watching Caillou.

 
Finley and his outfits - no words.  Wait, five words - I DON'T CHOOSE HIS CLOTHES.

It was back-to-back t-ball and soccer on Saturday.

His first slide into home plate.


We played Jake's team again, Finley was catcher and literally chased Jake around the infield trying to tag him running home.
 
After two innings we had a quick costume change in the parking lot and headed to the soccer park.
 
 Treats - Hadley's favorite part of ball games!
 
 It was the Raccoons last soccer game of the season!
 
On Wednesday, I posted Hadley's birthday pictures below :)  Now onto the final week of school, summer vacation is only a few days away!  I can't wait to be routine-less, it's my favorite part of summer vacay.  Bring on swimming lessons, soccer camp, sports camp and dance class!

No comments: