It wasn't intentional, but I feel like this entire post is all about Finley. Not that that's bad, but I hate overshadowing the other kid. Alright, mommy-guilt.
Finley attended AYSO soccer camp this week, it was his first 'drop-off' activity. I didn't stay. His dad wasn't the coach. Totally on his own. He loved it! The first day left me feeling a little worrisome, there were a ton of big kids. So, I partnered him up with one of my old kindergartners, kissed him, waved and ran off. Fortunately, when I returned he was in a group of 4-5 year olds and having a blast.
Finley attended AYSO soccer camp this week, it was his first 'drop-off' activity. I didn't stay. His dad wasn't the coach. Totally on his own. He loved it! The first day left me feeling a little worrisome, there were a ton of big kids. So, I partnered him up with one of my old kindergartners, kissed him, waved and ran off. Fortunately, when I returned he was in a group of 4-5 year olds and having a blast.
The coaches are from the U.K. and spend the summer traveling the U.S. running one-week soccer camps. Finley was in awe of Coach Rob and all of his tricks - balancing the ball on his head, kicking the ball super-high in the sky, etc. I liked his accent ;)
Even though he'd gotten stuck with the youngest campers (Coach Rob took last place in the last-person-to-reply-to-the-boss's-text-is-stuck-with-the-youngest-campers contest), he did really well and was very patient with the kids.
Photobomb.
Finley liked soccer league this year, but his team kinda sucked. Practice often consisted of duck-duck-goose and other random games that didn't really connect to soccer. Soccer camp was drills and games that focused on specific skills. Finley was thrilled to show-off his new tricks at home.
Camp was 90 minutes long, Hadley & I kept busy by running errands or meeting friends in the park.
Finley was excited to have us stay and watch on the last day.
She tried to play too.
The players received certificates for participating and two kids earned the "Inspire Award" for trying hard and following directions - Finley was one of them!
He's trying really hard not to smile.
Nice cry-face Finley (standing right in front of the coach).
More soccer! We went to Spencer's last soccer game.
When Spencer scored his first goal he was supposed to kiss his hand, wave and yell, That was for my Auntie! He didn't. He redeemed himself by stealing a cookie for Finley after the game.
Finley saved up enough Scoopie Tokens for another Culver's prize - he chose a soccer ball.
First fishing of the season!
It was time to get rid of more baby stuff - Grandma knows how to set up a sale!
Melissa & a few friends came over for a pre-sale on Monday night. Hadley loved baby Elise.
We spent Friday & Saturday hanging out in the driveway. It's ugly when she doesn't nap.
Lunch.
I needed to give Finley one of his birthday presents early. Thanks to Leslie, I stole a cute idea to have Chippy (our Elf on the Shelf) make a special appearance! Chippy stopped by with a mini-cake and a letter telling Finley there was a birthday present at Grandpa & Grandma's.
Once upon a time, there was a little boy that visited a Kool-Aid stand and immediately wanted to have his own. Since we live on a street with no traffic, there is a good chance his only customers would be Patrick, Hadley & me. I convinced him to wait until our Baby Sale. Thinking ahead for a birthday gift, I decided to stock him up with lemonade-stand supplies. Finley specifically wanted pitchers with spigots...this kid knows what he wants. So after an Amazon-search and a weak moment, an entire frickin' lemonade stand was on it's way to our house.
He loved it as much as I hoped he would.
I asked Finley if he'd be willing to donate his earnings to Bob's House for Dogs. I had doubts that he'd agree. I was SO proud when he said Yes! and excitedly came up with the idea to buy dog treats for the dogs. He immediately had customers and became quite the barista. His favorite concoction was 50/50 lemonade and Kool-Aid...I think most customers received this mix whether they wanted it or not.
One of the editors of the Leader-Telegram is also a board member for Bob's House, she came out to take pictures that might make it into our local paper - we're crossing our fingers. Thanks Elle for posing with Finley!
After two days, Hadley had a permanent red mustache and Finley (with the help of very generous friends) earned $53.10. To make his project meaningful, I've asked Grandma to take Finley to Bob's House for his special delivery.
Finley was able to have alone time with both of us this weekend. Golfing with Daddy & Grandpa...
...and a movie with mom!
Although it looks this way, Hadley certainly wasn't ignored this week. And someone has a special class starting Tuesday...dance class!








No comments:
Post a Comment