Sunday, January 18, 2015

Tailgate Time

Trying to quick post before our company comes - we've got brats boiling in beer, mini hot dogs, cheeseburgers, chips, dip, and other football food ready!

Hadley went to the dentist, she was really excited and couldn't wait for a new toothbrush. But when we stepped into the waiting room, she decided she wasn't going to sit in the dentist's chair.


So she laid on top of me. No cavities, but a small chip on a baby tooth. Nothing to fix nor worry about, that tooth will fall out anyway. Still a little mama-guilt. Regardless of who's appointment it is - mine, Finley's or Hadley's, I'm always nervous someone will have a cavity and I'll feel like a total fail (I still brush after both kids). Happy girl with her new toothbrush.

Asleep sitting up.

Hadley & I keep secrets. Like what we do when Finley's at school. We do nothing and she naps all afternoon (I wish, she only naps at school anymore). In reality we go to Dunkin' Donuts.

Well, not everyday, but this day we did. Hadley loves doing Girl's only things.

What sister didn't know...on Tuesday I took a personal day from work and hung out with Finley while she was at daycare. I chaperoned on his field trip to the Children's Museum.

Totally worth the 2+ hours I spent writing sub plans.

Patrick took the kids to church and it didn't go well. It sounds like they ran all over the sanctuary, stood in the pews, and acted nothing like they do when they attend with grandma/me. Patrick's text said something like, This is ridiculous, our kids do not know how to behave. Evidently in the chaos of church service, Hadley slipped in the pew and fell on a bible. When her Sunday school teacher asked what happened to her side, Hadley said My dad did it. They asked Patrick about it at pick-up and with any luck, we now have a file started with the county's department of human services. I waited for the intake call all week.


And she danced. Or just blew kisses at me.

Sneak peek at her recital costumes. $100 worth of costumes for two three-minute songs. But she is cute.

FaceTiming with Grandma & Grandpa.

Checking out the pool and beach...two more months until we're there.

The neighbors. They continue to be the best thing that ever happened to kid-Finley. Sometimes I feel a little stalkerish, he begs me to call, or text, or send them a message, all.of.the.time. Sometimes I do. Sometimes I tell him I do, shhhhhhh. On Saturday, both kids happily accepted an invite over to play and stay for lunch. And as a complete stalker, I stole this picture off their blog (hope you don't mind Kristen!)

Finley celebrated Liam's 6th birthday at a karate studio. He had a blast! And I enjoyed a Mexican dinner with the other moms at the restaurant next door. Kid-only birthday parties are a huge bonus of kids growing up.

On our drive home, we had this conversation:
Finley: Mom, what does hook up mean?
Me: What?

Finley: Like if people hook up to each other?
In my head: WTH? Where did you hear this? You're 6! This can't be happening. You're too little. On the bus? Damn playground. Seriously, W.T.F. What am I going to say? We haven't even talked about strangers yet and you've heard about hooking up?! Oh crap.crap.crap. Breathe, breathe, breathe.
Me w/ my fingers-crossed: What do you mean? Like on a computer?
Finley: Yeah, they can hook up their computers or something and play games together. How do you do that?
In my head: Oh, thank God. 
Me: You're too little for hooking up computers. Have we talked about stranger-danger yet?
In my head: PHEW.

Tailgating is happening all over the world. Go Packers!










No comments: