Sunday, January 4, 2015

Winter Break

Two weeks went too fast. I enjoyed the break from our work-school routine. I enjoyed spending extra home-days with the kid that's not home as much. We enjoyed our holidays. We enjoyed bonus time for random fun.

Hadley ran a low-grade temp and complained of an earache. Since Finley just got over pneumonia and ear infection, I ran her in. As we waited for 55 minutes in Express (or not) Care, she seemed completely fine. It took three minutes to have her checked out as healthy, and fingers were crossed we didn't walk out with Influenza A.


Carol gave the kids beanie babies - both have slept with their new friends since.

I've wanted two things. A playdate with Jill, Gavin, & Maddie, and to take the kids to Sky Zone. Bonus when we could go together. The kids LOVED Sky Zone - wall to wall trampolines. The quickness of the kids and the weird indoor lighting messed with my shutter-speed = blurry pictures.


No thanks to a certain three-year old, my iPad recently kissed the ground. Jill offered to keep the kids while I ran to the Apple Store at MOA.

Aunite invited Finley for a sleepover. When I showed Hadley this picture, she wondered where she was. Sad girl wants her own sleepover.

We FaceTimed with Finley while Hadley jumped on his bed - ha! It was Girls Only for us.

Finley had a lot of fun. The boys played and went to an art class.

Quiet-time was needed.

We hosted our family-friendly New Years Eve party, I think the first one was NYE 2007 when I was pregnant with Finley. It's most of the same adults, but the kids group has gotten bigger. Both in quantity and size. Usually the men would take over the basement with the toddlers while the women and babies stayed upstairs. This year the basement was kids-only. And it went pretty well. A few tatttles, but no major fighting or disasters. I took a whopping three pictures.

We celebrated a Badger win and Grandma's birthday on New Year's Day. Again, I took a whopping three pictures.

Sister won $25.

Playing with new things. 

The kids loved having extra playtime with our neighbors. Kristen sent me this picture, Hadley crawled into her lap to snuggle. Hadley is happy that she gets included in the invites.


We finished break with a sledding party at Scott & Becky's house. 

They have a giant yard and a perfect hill for sledding. It was big enough to be fun, but small enough for the kids to walk up over and over and over again.

One kid got a little tired.

Scott pulled the toboggan behind his ATV.

And gave fast rides.


Easton & Spencer tried snowmobiling.


Hadley did too. Ugh.

Inside to warm up with hot chocolate.

As I prepared to return my cracked iPad, I found out how busy Hadley is in the backseat of my car. Holy selfies. Pages and pages of them. 

Drowsy selfies.

Serious selfies.

 Making-faces selfies.

Fish-lip selfies.

And 2014 is a wrap.

No comments: