Sunday, June 7, 2015

A Real Birthday & A Birthday Celebration

There was a lot of partying this week - this post starts off w/ her real birthday and ends w/ his birthday celebration. There's also a four-year trip down memory lane posted below in her honor. One more week and we're on summer vacay, this stressed/busy mom can't wait...three more days w/ students, one day w/o. I got this.

Hadley has waited her entire life to be 4! She proudly exclaimed I am 4! and flashed those four digits to everyone.

Grandpa & Grandma stopped over to see the birthday girl and give her birthday spankings.

Presents!

Grandma Kathleen surprised us by coming to Finley's baseball game and stayed for birthday cake.

 He's probably telling her what he wants her to wish for.

Hadley-girl, I hope your birthday wishes come true!

A girls-only bike ride. Hadley loves anything that's girls-only.

Hadley is taking a summer dance class at Danz Kraze, a very popular dance studio. There's no ballet here, Danz Kraze is a hip-hop, pom-pom, jazz, dance-team type of dance. I was nervous that Hadley would be timid in a new studio with new teachers and a new way of dancing. I was wrong. She really had fun and participated right away. Parents were invited to watch the last few minutes of class. I asked Hadley if she liked new dance or old dance better, she quickly said New dance! 

Baseball.

It's a mini-mini world of Shopkins.

Hadley spent her birthday giftcard from Grandma Kathleen.

Our last lunch date with Finley at school. He wanted us to hang out at recess too.

This ended with her dizzy-drunk and on the ground. 


For the first time in my career, I've had a favorite kindergartner all year long.

812...the number of times we played Frozen Spot It this week.

A baseball double-header.

Last soccer game of spring season. Hadley was the running water girl...

...and Finley was the stander-arounder. I hate to make fun of him, but this is what he does. 

We celebrated Finley's upcoming 7th birthday with friends at the Sport Warehouse! It was a perfect place for a birthday party - archery, batting cages, running races, basketball, volleyball, and plenty of room for wild party-goers.

Finley celebrated with cousin-friends, old-friends, neighbors-friends, and school-friends.

Upcoming birthday boy. Oh man, 7 years and 1st grade - I can't believe it.
.
The party was a mix of organized games and free time.

Grandpa, Hadley & I dressed alike.


The owner of the Sports Warehouse is a former school-parent of mine. She promised an easy party - it was! She even set up and organized the gift opening - there was no chaos at all! It also provided a great opportunity to snap a picture of everyone with Finley.

Singing to the birthday boy...

...receiving directions from the birthday boy?!  Does birthday boy = birthday boss?

Thank you to this crazy crew for celebrating with us!


No comments: