Finley started Summer Institute through the university, he's taking two fun classes - Backyard Crafts & Treats, Budding Artists. He's enjoying them both. Elle is taking a different class, but the kids end at the same time, Melissa & I are officially carpoolers.
I shop a lot in her mini store, Shopkins are it right now.
We spent two days in Grandma & Grandpa's driveway for a thrift sale. Both getting rid of old things and taking home old things...so strange how rarely-touched items are suddenly favorites when a price tag is added.
Finley had his lemonade stand and raised $54 for Bob's House for Dogs, Grandma is matching it and he's excited to donate $108 at the next Bob's House board meeting.
While the cat is away, the mouse will pour lemonade herself. Finley is a crappy sharer, always has been (unless he wants you to share w/ him) and he panicked if anyone walked behind his lemonade stand. Hadley happily helped a customer while he took a bathroom break.
Chalk paint is messy kid-fun that should immediately be followed by bath time.
Giant bubbles. And when the water drained there was a giant dirt-ring left behind.
Hadley was invited to an adorable Muffins & Manicures birthday party to celebrate Maddie turning 5. Jill had a full spa set up w/ massages, facials, manicures, pedicures, hair-dos, and make-up for the little girls.
Those of us w/ boys were in awe of the quietness of a girl's party. There was no wrestling, there was no pushing, there was no yelling....
...even the pinata was chaos-less. The girls patiently waited in line, when the pinata broke they each counted out five pieces of candy until told to take more.
Happy 5th Birthday Maddie! Thank you for including Hadley in your celebration :)
Patrick took my car for an oil change, so Hadley & I borrowed Grandma's convertible for our trip. She wasn't as excited as me.
Saturday was beautiful outside. Patrick, the kids, & the neighbors boated (is that a word?), skied, swam, and tubed near Grandpa & Grandma's house. I did homework, ick. I really really really want my class over so I can stop thinking about it.
Grandpa had a dock-full of kids.
We took an evening cruise for dinner...evening because it took twoish hours for our under-cooked pizza to be delivered, next time we're sticking w/ Del Re.
This week our preemie turns 7, yikes! I can't believe it. 7 years ago since this teeny baby made me a mom. It doesn't seem possible.


















No comments:
Post a Comment