Monday, June 15, 2015

Welcome Summer

Today is my first official day of summer vacation (my first work day that I'm off). I am very ready for the summer pace and less structure. There's a summer to-do list and certain fun things I want to do w/ the kids. Summer...we welcome you!

This was easily his fastest year yet. I cannot believe kindergarten is over. Finley was SO excited for it to start and I was SO nervous. Would he like it? Would he be a good listener? Would he make friends? Would he be the naughty kid? Would he make academic progress? Would being a kindergarten teacher and a kindergarten parent be too much kindergarten each day?


Finley was a good listener. He liked school. He made friends. He was not the naughty kid. He made academic progress. And sometimes being a kindergarten teacher and a kindergarten parent was too much kindergarten, but mostly it wasn't. Mostly it was a fun connection we shared. Finley liked that I knew what was going on, that I recognized his homework, that I was doing similar activities with my kids at school. We survived together and I'm such a proud mom!

Nearly the same pose.

I cannot believe how much Finley grew this year. Look at the baby face next to his 1st grade face.

Finley's school celebrated on the last day with a carnival. I was with my own students, so I signed Grandma up to help.

 Finley's BFF Keagan.

Finley - I am incredibly proud of the student you were this year. My biggest hope was that you would like school. You did! I can't believe kindergarten is over, but you are ready for 1st grade.  Thank you for being a good kid!

Finley's first day of summer vacay was my last day of work. Heidi offered to keep the kids overnight and entertain for the day. This was Hadley's first sleepover at Auntie's house. Everyone except Nolan was excited, well Uncle Ryan might've felt the same.

I heard Easton was a sweetie and very helpful to Hadley, he even gave her his bed.

Breakfast and car rides all look like a lot of work w/ five.

Sky Zone was an awesome way to spend the day!

Sleepovers are tiring.

On Friday, we kicked off summer with Dunkin' Donuts.

Selfie fail.

Selfie success.

In this store, the employee tells you what you have to buy.  

Cousins came for lunch.


Skinny-jeans cutie.

Peter graduated, these two will miss him when he goes away to college. Spring break with us will probably lose out against college spring break.

Finley's coach-pitch league had their tournament this weekend, it was single elimination. I kinda planned to watch one game.


Finley bought a new helmet w/ his birthday gift certificate to St. Croix Sports - thanks Gavin & Liam!

Determination = tongue wagging.

To my surprised, the Threshers played three games and made it to the championship! The girls ate giant freezies to keep cool.

These two hung in there pretty well, kinda.


After nearly four hours of baseball, both teams were hot and tired. Unfortunately we lost by two runs and took second place. Not bad for the underdogs!

Finley is really proud of his runner-up medal!

He set up a shrine w/ the team photos and his medal.

It's amazing how much the team improved over the season. The team was mostly 1st and 2nd graders, so we seemed really good to me. Finley really enjoyed the season - I did too!  

After all that baseball, a pontoon ride was the perfect way to cool off.

Ski-trainer! 

Ryan was our rope holder. 

Hadley is excited about her new pink life jacket. 

Nolan had a trick to show-off, a giant jump off the dock. 

Then Hadley wanted to show off her trick too...getting her legs wet. She's really brave ;) 

The kids had dinner outside and the adults sat inside, quietest dinner we've had in 7ish years.

We were packing up to head home and the neighbors walked by...a perfect excuse for another spin around the lake. Sunday evening pontoon rides w/ no worries about getting ready for Monday morning are a definite sign of summer vacation. Welcome summer!





No comments: