Monday, June 22, 2015

Summer Kick-Off

We love summer and it's here! Our first week had no organized activities, so we started the to-do list and each day brought whatever we wanted...I like days like that. Our weekends are filling up, so most likely posts will be completed on Monday, I don't want to miss the fun!

She's cute, but she's a hoarder of teeny crap. Beaded bracelets, chapstick, gum, coin purses, make-up, Barbie shoes, etc. I got sick of seeing this pile and told her to clean it up...

 ...it's now shoved under her bed and still driving me nuts.

Finley loves lego sets. He's really good at following the step-by-step directions to make a (insert something really cool like a Ninjago something-or-other). But I have a problem w/ these sets...what do you do w/ a completed project? Take it apart and maybe someday you'd want to spend another few hours building the same vehicle/robot again? Display it somehow? Play w/ it w/o it falling apart? I don't get it. So the completed projects have gotten shoved into multiple drawers, some on shelves w/ a piece or two missing, we've kept all of the extra pieces and instruction manuals. But oh my, this situation has driven me nuts for too long. Summer to-do...organize this problem. Seriously, I counted pieces, I organized completed projects into baggies w/ their instructions, I put works-in-progress in baggies w/ their instructions and pieces. Ugh. A ton of work (hours!), but I feel so much better. OCD much?

Digging for worms.

Crazy hair.

I wanted a Finley-only day. I scheduled Hadley for daycare and told him to pick something for us to do - Mall of America!
 

I decided a third wheel would make the amusement park more fun for Finley....enter Easton, the perfect third wheel. These two had a great day together, they even allowed me to do a little shopping for myself.

The rides!

Two peas in one pod.

Finley really, really wanted a bookstore to be part of our special day. Absolutely! He's really into the Magic Treehouse books and wanted the next set. Absolutely! We've been reading 2-3 chapters each evening. I hope he'll continue this love for reading.

A few more rides before we left...

 ...the moment I knew our day was done. They had to share a car on this ride and Easton is blocking the controls.

They argued the entire ride.

Another day we loaded our bikes and headed to the bike trail along the river. The kids had a blast. We went through two parks and made stops for adventures along the way.

Park #1.

The railroad bridge.

 Park #2.

Watching a helicopter land.


Riding along the river.

Skipping rocks. 

I really enjoyed our bike ride, so did the kids. Hadley passed out later in the afternoon. We biked about 2-2.5 miles, and her little legs are in constant motion she hasn't figured out coasting yet. We look forward to another biking adventure.

Elle gave Finley a bike-mounted water gun for his birthday. He loves it, everyone around him hates it. Kidding, but beware, he'll squirt anyone nearby.

Spencer cashed in on his birthday present with us - an Express baseball game and a sleepover. We decorated and got cupcakes for his special visit.

Express game!


The birthday boy doesn't like mascots...Trix & Trax.


Ice cream in helmets.

One monkey wouldn't stay on the bleachers.

Hadley had a girl's only date with Auntie...her first pedicure!

I could read her body language through the pictures...she was out of her comfort zone.

But afterwards she LOVED it!


We went to a Kenny Chesney concert at Lambeau field - a fun evening!

Which meant Grandpa & Grandma had a really busy day/evening/overnight.

Grandma helped the kids make Father's Day pictures for the dad's. 

We had lunch together by the lake.

Happy Father's Day Patrick & Dad!


 Our weekend finished like last weekend - boating and tubing!

Hadley likes to give the hand signals for faster and slower.

The big boys took a fast spin. 

Finley is much more 'chicken' than Eastson & Spencer - thumbs down from the back...

...but thumbs up from the front. Finley got off and Easton & Spencer went for a REALLY fast ride, it was hilarious.

A Father's Day nap.

We hope that many of our weekends will end w/ so much fun!










No comments: