Sunday, January 17, 2016

Baller ;)

Once upon a time, Finley started his in-home daycare and met Duncan. Fast forward six years and these two are now Reading Buddies at school.

Finley wrote a story about his buddy and it was recently published for the classroom library (a big deal in 1st grade). Even though Finley has no memory of the 2.5 years he spent at Stephanie's, it's fun that Duncan & Finley bump into each other at school.

Finley & Grandma visited Peanut one more time before Peanut's new family took him home. I think it brought closure for Finley, but he admitted he doesn't want to talk about Peanut anymore because it makes him sad.

Every few weeks Hadley & I invite ourselves over to Andrea's house for coffee (moms) and playing (kids). Andrea resigned from teaching a few months before me and now runs an in-home daycare to enjoy more time w/ her own children. Hi Andrea ;) On this visit, Hadley met Paisley - they were a perfect match and played so well together. It's fun to see Hadley play girl-things w/ girls, she begs to play football at home.

No thanks to Grandma, three years ago light-up Lightning McQueen shoes showed up on our doorstep. Finley loved them and I hated them.

This week a surprise Zappos box showed up w/ moccasin boots - I approve of this surprise!

Hadley had a dental check-up, it was her first go w/ x-rays and she did it! Unfortunately there's a teeny spot they're going to watch. I hope it's nothing, Finley had a cavity once and it made me feel like a giant mom-fail.

1st grade is no joke, this kid has homework most nights. Science homework happens in the kitchen...

...but he loves to do math at his new desk.

Chillin' between drop-offs and pick-ups. I'm curious to know how many minutes I sit in parking lots each week, maybe I don't want to know.

Hadley added a splash of color to ballet this week.

More puzzlin' this time Hadley brought her own to the table.

Hadley is on the winter bulletin board at school, she's so cute holding her cottonball-snowball.

Elise's babysitter needed a day off, so we got a day on. We took a field trip to the Sports Center and brought lunch to Finley. They also put on make-up and played house and Barbies and colored and played board games...they stayed busy trying out everything for two seconds.

Finley learned this week, he's on the Vikings flag football team. Oh my, tears. For real, he cried. And he cried more when his BFF was placed on the Packers. Ugh, why couldn't they have used non-midwest NFL team names?!

This week was a scrimmage, next week they start games.

Finley better watch out - Hadley might be the punter in the family. Sister has game.

Despite a wind chill warning and a "feels like" of -18, I stuck to my goal of doing my long runs outside and got in my own half-marathon. My friend's husband is kinda crazy and joined me for the first 7 miles, I don't think I could've done it w/o him distracting me from the elements. W/ four layers of clothing on top, two on bottom, talking for 7 miles, and a snow/ice covered trail I was happy w/ an overall 8:20 pace.

The Jr. Blugold Basketball Clinic finished up w/ a half-time performance at the UWEC men's game. Brent, Nicholas & Finley were excited!

Here they come! Finley's still a double-dribbler when simultaneously dribbling/running.

The boys showed off the skills they learned/practiced over the last three weeks, each boy was excited to keep their Blugold basketball too.


Finley had a group cheering him on!

Baller...ok, he's got a ways to go ;) But he's having fun trying both flag football and basketball this winter. Finley's third from the left wearing black shorts.

 (Video credit to Nicholas's mom Bobbie)



No comments: