Sunday, February 7, 2016

Weeks are Flying

I feel like this week was really busy but my pictures seem kinda boring. There's no flow, and the post feels off, but Coldplay is coming on soon and I'm in a hurry to finish.

We had a snow day! Finley was pumped. Hadley, not so much. The snow day canceled her playdate w/ Allie and it was Jammie Day at school. She came downstairs shrieking that it was Jammie Day...it was hard telling her the "bad" news, she was crushed. Since a single snowflake hadn't actually fallen yet (it was a weird snow day), we headed to DD for breakfast in jammies.


While we were there, Finley lost tooth #6.

The next morning it was Finley's turn to wake up disappointed...school was on and the Tooth Fairy hadn't come. Oh crap. I felt horrible-horrible. On the fly, Patrick told him it was probably because of the snowstorm. So, I went w/ it and the Tooth Fairy got caught up w/ business while Finley was at school.

Back to the snow day, it was like when the kids were little and we hopped from one activity to the next.

Finley was excited to try out his crystal growing kit...

...ta-da, a few days later he had a blue crystal! (He has a horrible haircut right now, I'm hoping to have it fixed sooner than later)


It finally started snowing and w/ comfortable temps the kids spent a lot of the afternoon outside. 

Finley SCORED HIS FIRST TOUCHDOWN! I wish this were his "Lambeau Leap" but nope, my camera and video camera were already back in my bag when his touchdown happened. 

Later in the week, we rescheduled and Hadley & Allie had their playdate.

I ran my longest outdoor solo run ever - 16 miles. It was hard, but I was OK w/ my pace given the multiple layers, some snow-covered trails, and the three Carson-Park-sized hills I forced myself to run up. The thought of running 10 more miles scares me.

Patrick & Finley hooked up w/ Jeff & Bri and went on a 90-mile snowmobile ride. Since they were on real trails, the littles rode w/ their dads.

While I ran and the guys snowmobiled, Hadley spent time w/ her cousins at Grandpa & Grandma's.


We had swimming lessons this afternoon, they really like swimming at the Y. Hadley's class swam in the kid's pool so I couldn't see her, but her teacher said she is very confident and a willing demonstrator...oh I'm sure. It looks like Finley is doing well too.

His class got to use the Firemen's Pole to touch the bottom...I had completely forgotten about this, but I remember doing this when I was in lessons. Finley is in the middle of the group wearing a white shirt w/ orange sleeves/shorts.

Finley didn't  touch the bottom, but he went down about half-way.

I can't believe how quickly the weeks are flying by! When I think about school, it's hard to believe we'd be planning for Valentine's Day and the 100th Day of School - wow. Thanks to Pinterest, we started our V Day prep a few weeks ago, both kids are excited for classroom parties this week. Hadley's Valentine's are Tic-Tac-Toe...

...and Finley's are Creeper-gum from Minecraft.

Patrick's in Chicago, Hadley is watching the Puppy Bowl, Finley is watching the Super Bowl, and here come Coldplay, Beyonce & Bruno!


No comments: