Monday, February 1, 2016

Skiing, Sledding, & Laundry

Finley finally used his new skis! Patrick & Finley spent last Sunday on the slopes at Trollhaugen.

Finley took a refresher lesson and did really well getting back into it. He came home excited and exhausted.

When Spencer was in kindergarten, we surprised him at school for lunch and I wanted to make sure we did the same for Easton. It worked out perfectly - my kids were off school on Monday, Easton's birthday was Tuesday, and Spencer & Easton's lunches overlap. Easton (who loves to hate me) was very excited to see us, he was very proud telling us all about kindergarten/school. 

We brought birthday cupcakes too! Happy Birthday Easton Ryan, it doesn't seem possible that you are SIX years old!

Since it was an old-normal workday for me, I wanted to make sure we took advantage and did something fun. After lunch we drove into the Twin Cities and went to Fun Jump. It was an inflatable playground w/ arcade games. The kids had fun bouncing and it was WAY better than sitting in Professional Development meetings all day ;)


Finley cooked his first meal - pancakes two nights in a row! He measured the ingredients (all two of them), whisked them, and poured them onto the pan. He was so so so proud!

Hadley had her first Danz Kraze performance during halftime of the Blugold Men's Basketball game. She was ready, but apparently I wasn't - I lost the stupid bow for her hair. I can't find it anywhere, ugh. And losing things is my #1 pet peeve, I've been frustrated since I discovered it's missing. But she's still cute!

She's the one on the far right w/ no bow in her hair, I feel like a total dance-mom fail.

They looked so teeny down there.

My favorite pic :)

Here she is:


Thanks Auntie for coming to watch!

The next day, the next dance class. She looked so cute dancing for the parents...

...but her leotard was totally NOT cute w/o the tutu. Her purple undies are hanging out and what's up w/ the giant seams in her tights?!

The Vikings played the Packers this week!

Always a rivalry, especially when your BFF plays for the Packers. Nicholas is in the green tshirt and white glasses.

That's Finley crashed into the boards, he ate turf trying to grab an opponent's flag.

Finley's really liking Flag Football!

Hadley was showing me EVERYTHING she'd done (eyeroll).

We do pretty much everything together, sit-ups Sister!


Hadley was eating free tootsie rolls during my oil change. Actually, eat up - my oil change was $282! Ugh, I should never, ever, ever, have to take my own car in.


Pat & I ran w/ 100+ people! UWEC offers a long distance running class, students train and run either the half/full marathon. On Saturdays they offer build-up runs for the students and community members are welcome to join in. It was fun to meet new people, the running community always proves to be friendly.


While I went running, Patrick took the kids to Bruce Mound for tubing and skiing. Since Hadley had never skied (flashback to last year's Ski School Dropout w/ Auntie Shawna) I was a little surprised he'd take the two on his own.

First they tubed - it's Hadley...


...and Finley.


Then she did it!


Grandma Kathleen was there too.

From tubing & skiing to sledding! Later in the afternoon we went to Scott & Becky's for a sledding party w/ friends. 

As much as I hate, hate, hate, that my kids are growing up, there are a few perks...one being they could sled outside on the teeny hill alone. I didn't take a lot of pictures because the adults were staying warm inside the Clubhouse! The countdown is on, that's Baby Bert hiding behind the stripes, 11 days to go.


Wes came over to play while his dad/Patrick cut trees. Hadley tried so hard to get the boys' attention - she was even dancing for them, but Minecraft won.

When Finley was little, we bought him a play kitchen and made a little area in the basement into a "house". Since Hadley was a girl (sounds funny I know), Grandma made it a fancier house. Over the last twoish years, the amount of dolls/house-stuff exploded and I spread the house area into a kitchen and nursery.

I've been looking for a little trunk/something to store Hadley's doll clothes/accessories in. My friend's husband refurbishes old tables/dressers and contacted me about a little dresser he'd just re-done...it's perfect. I love it and I think our play-house is done-done.

For the next seven weeks the kids will be finishing off our weekends w/ swimming lessons. The first night went really well!

On Saturday I didn't know if I should laugh or cry when Hadley ran into the bathroom to tell me her laundry basket was full. Is that who I am? The laundry-doer?! Jeez. I told the little princess she better drag it into the laundry room then. Yeah, pretty much felt like this:





No comments: