After a week of an off/on low-grade temp, a large swollen lump in her neck, fatigue, no appetite, a run-around from the nurse's line (grrrr), and two exposures to confirmed strep, I called Dr. Market for a second over-the-phone opinion. Even though she didn't have a sore throat, Jewel recommended a strep test. I called the nurse's line again and pushed for an appointment (I seriously hate the hoops Mayo makes you jump through to get an appointment - this must be their new way of business - dum). Soooo not normal to fall asleep in mom's arms.
Within six minutes, the rapid culture was positive. I was happy there was an explanation for all of the off/on symptoms and medicine to help. All smiles in the pharmacy.
Nothing like a little public shaming at 4K ;)
Finley's (awesome) teacher sent me a text of the kid who found COOKIES in his pocket, he's one of a kind.
Pete the Cat family night in 4K.
3-4 year olds...more funny than graceful.
My official Boston Marathon jacket arrived! I earned the right to purchase one, now I hope to earn the right to wear it - for fear of jinxing myself, I won't wear it until I finish (well, maybe I'll wear it in Boston). I was really hoping for a blue/yellow jacket (the official colors of the Boston Marathon), but in honor of the 120th BM, Adidas decided to "throwback" to the original colors of the first BM jacket from 25 years ago (first year of the jacket), so it's aqua and pink. Less than two months to go and a little anxiety has started. My 13-miler this weekend was 8.5 miles alone and 6 miles w/ three friends - including Rachel who is starting back after having a baby (yes, I know that's more than 13 miles). Friday I push up to 19 miles, followed by my first 20-miler the following weekend, gulp.
It's moments like this that I love/hate. This year has gone so quickly, it'll only be months before she's in school and I'll miss having her w/ me during the day.
I attended Hadley's parent-teacher conference, Miss Emily says she's ready for Kindergarten! And if Hadley could have her way, she'd go tomorrow. This is the picture I submitted for her 4K graduation slideshow.
We celebrated Grandpa's 64th Birthday! Another reminder our kids are growing up and getting busier, two of the five had other plans this evening.
Finley's first Pinewood Derby! In true Patrick-style, they were up until 11:30 the night before finishing Finley's car. But at 9:30 on Saturday morning they weighed-in and were ready to race. Finley & Nicholas represented the Tiger Scouts (the youngest Scouts in the pack).
Finley's cheering section!
The Color Guard.
First up were the Tiger Scouts, each car races twice in each lane. After the eight heats, the car w/ the fastest combined times advanced to the Pack's final.
Finley's car is the lighter yellow/green car.
Watching in anticipation.
Pretty pumped that his car won each heat and he advanced.
Before the finals, siblings were allowed to race for fun.
She was a little excited that her car smoked all of the others - even Finley's!
Finley's car developed a wobble, but once the racing begins you are not allowed to tweak your car. Patrick, Grandpa & Finley checking out the wobble.
The top 5 racers in the final.
Again, each car raced twice in each lane.
Finley's car finished 2nd or 3rd in each of the final heats.
Watching, hoping, waiting.
Getting a trophy because...
FINLEY FINISHED 3RD OVERALL!
The Tiger Scouts visited the Observatory at Beaver Creek Reserve to learn about stars for their "The Sky is the Limit" badge. Unfortunately it was a cloudy evening, so we couldn't see much but it was an interesting program.
And this is what Hadley thinks. Kidding, but I died when she showed me her papercut.
















No comments:
Post a Comment