Monday, March 14, 2016

Bottom's Up

The best part of Target is free cookies.

We spent a recess and lunch w/ Finley.

Hadley has a favorite favorite sweatshirt and recently she started wearing it most days (like every single day actually). Most of the time it is filthy-gross, but she doesn't care because It's comfortable. The white trim is permanently dirty-gray.

I was tired of the grossness so I soaked it in Oxi Clean for three days. At first I hoped three days might get the trim white again (it didn't), but I also found amusement in that she couldn't wear it. I found her staring at it...

...which reminded me of the time I was busted washing her taggie. She was so little and sad and pouty...

...fortunately this time she wasn't pouting, just hopeful it was done soaking. (She seriously looks old here).

Hadley is usually pretty chill and seems so grown-up lately. She's gotten taller and our conversations have matured. I love and hate it.

I seriously LOL'd when I found her singing/dancing at herself in the mirror at the Y.

Heidi, Melissa, Staci (Heidi's old neighbor) & I ran the Get Lucky 7K in Minneapolis. It was my very first 7K.

 

It was a beautiful spring morning, we were actually very warm w/ the sun. It was a sea of various shades of green.

The race route was very pretty, these pictures were taken (stolen) off the Get Lucky FB page...

..and finished!

Finley's Boy Scout Pack had it's Blue & Gold banquet.



I'm still learning how this works, but I think this is an annual celebration for the birthday of Boy Scouts, maybe?! There was cake and balloons and I heard someone say something about a birthday, so I'm going w/ that. Famous Dave's chicken wings = messy face.

Hopefully no Boy Scout experts read my blog, because I'm going to keep guessing... The banquet also included the "crossing over" for the oldest Den of the Pack. As the Weeblos II walk over the bridge, they leave Cub Scouts and move into Boy Scouts (This is a major source of my confusion because I thought Finley was a Boy Scout, but technically I think he's only a Cub Scout, but Cub Scouts are part of the Boy Scouts of America organization?!). Regardless, it was fun for the littler ones to watch the bigger ones walk over the bridge.

The Pack.
 

Finley had two important badges to earn his first year - the Bobcat and Tiger badges. He earned the Bobcat in late fall (he had to recite the Boy Scout oath, law, and a few other things). And all year, his Tiger den has been earning belt slides as they worked towards the Tiger badge. The three Tigers were called up front to receive their badge, Finley practically ran up - he was excited :)

The Cub Master asked the Tigers to share what activities they'd done to earn their Tiger Badge.

As the smallest Scouts, they are automatically the cutest...Finley would check his belt slides to jog his memory of the activities they've done.

Tiger badge earned! (Now I think he'll be a wolf next year?!)

A GIANT thank you to Bobbie (Nicholas's mom) for being the Tiger's Den Mother this year!

The kids finished swimming lessons last night...

...and are totally ready for a full week of swimming in Mexico!

Weather-wise we're definitely headed into SPRING! Daylight savings meant this morning sucked, but last night we went for a bike ride at 7 p.m.

There may or may not be a short post on Friday w/ a few St. Patrick's Day pictures (and Finley's Flag Football team plays in the Championship Thursday night) BUT, I have a lot of vacay prep to finish and I need to run 20 miles on Friday (not doing that in Cancun). If it doesn't happen, there will be a giant post sometime after we get back. Bottom's up!




No comments: