Friday, March 18, 2016

St. Patrick's Day

Our suitcases are packed (and by our I mean the kids & I, Patrick will pack around midnight tonight), we are ready for spring break! I figured out how my dad sponsors our annual trip to Cancun, we're grateful ;) 

The Boston Marathon is exactly one month from today - yikes! Needing a 20-miler this weekend, I was happy my mom agreed to watch Hadley this morning so I could get it done before we leave. There's no way I was running that far in Cancun. Today was my third 20-miler, I have a 12, a 20, and a 12 left before marathon day - yikes again. I'm thrown by how consistent my three 20-miler times have been, all under a minute of each other. The crazy part is that I've run different courses, so factoring in terrain, traffic lights, etc I am happy that my pace has stayed so similar.


The melting snow and two days of rain this week impacted my course today, there's major flooding in the downtown area. The water is about waist-deep in this tunnel I usually run through.

Last of my running talk...this picture was from the Get Lucky 7K - Heidi totally beat me by a step!

In November, Hadley was thankful for her dad. In February, Hadley loved the Packers. In March, I finally made the bulletin board! Hadley is lucky for her mom, dad, and Allie. Hadley told me she ran out of space for Finley.


And the feeling is mutual.

Danz Kraze had Bring a Friend Night and Allie was ready. On Mondays, we kill 25 minutes in the car. And that was more fun w/ a friend too!

We didn't get any peeks at them dancing, but they both said it was a lot of fun. Allie's mom & I are hoping to get them into summer dance together.

Finley has already worn his expander for two months, we had a check-up to see how things were progressing. Thankfully, it's going really well! Dr. Katie said his back-bite has already improved. We'll go again in another two months and then we should learn how long he'll wear it.

This darn sweatshirt.

The Vikings played the Packers in the flag football Super Bowl Championship. Finley cried when he learned he was placed on the Vikings and within eight weeks he became MN's newest fan. Suzie read my blog and surprised Finley w/ his very own Vikings tshirt! He put it on immediately, wore it to school today, and wants me to wash it tonight so he can pack it for our trip. Uncle Ryan & Grandpa might have a serious talk w/ him! Unfortunately the Vikings lost big time, but overall flag football was a hit this season. Finley is going to skip soccer next year (thankfully) and will play flag football again in the fall.

A leprechaun messed up the living room. He left behind gold coins, treasure boxes w/ quarters and beads. For some reason Hadley can't remember that it was a leprechaun and kept asking where the troll went. Similar to Chippy, the troll also woke her up and asked for help - whatever liar ;)

Mr. Lucky himself! 

St. Patrick's Day outtakes, Finley thought he was funny.

Last year I was too busy to get St. Patrick's Day pictures/cards made, so I went w/ that again this year. Flashbacks and this year's unofficial / official picture...

2009


2010


2011


2012


2013


2014


2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day 2016




No comments: