Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Kick-Off to Summer

Memorial Day is the unofficial kick-off to summer and I feel like it's here. Hadley finished 4K, Finley has four days of school left, and we spent a lot of time outside this weekend.

Soccer! A few pictures from when he wasn't just standing there (eyeroll). He has now started mouthing STOP! when Patrick and I yell for him to start moving on the field, one more game to go.


Hadley's 4K class had an end-of-year picnic to celebrate their graduation.

A bike ride happens almost everyday - she loves it!

Baby chicks at school.

Finley's class hosted an Author's Tea. Each student wrote and published a story in a hardcover book. Parents were invited to the Author's Tea, and each student read aloud his/her book sitting on a stage w/ a microphone. Finley admitted he was nervous, but he did awesome!


A big smile when he was finished!

His buddy.

Hadley's first day of 4K...

Hadley's last day of 4K.

After three years, I cannot believe our time at Genesis is over. It makes me sad to see this chapter close, they have been awesome-awesome to our family. When I worked, they were flexible w/ my schedule and when we didn't need daycare this year, they kept Hadley on as a 4K kid. The staff was always friendly, there's a nice feeling there, and we've made friendships that I'm hopeful will continue. I never-ever worried about my kids under their care. I've joked all year that when I'm ready to work again, I'm coming to work in the baby room, I want to sit and rock babies all day :)

Dressed up in a dress, gasp! She even liked it!


Hadley officially graduated from 4K complete w/ a graduation ceremony...cue Pomp & Circumstance, cue the tears.

Little Sister was so proud and sang along to all of the songs.

Their final song was something about growing up, holding their hand, but pushing them forward...oh my, too much for this mom.

And here she comes, diploma accepted!

The slideshow was a fun recap of the year (Class of 2029?! That sounds insane?!)...

...I love the baby pictures...

...Grandpa's visit...

...playing w/ her BFF...

...and a glimpse into her future. We had NO idea what she'd choose, there's still time to change her mind ;) Kidding, it made me feel proud that she picked "teacher".

Allie, we hope for playdate this summer!

Connor is our neighbor and will go to the same school next year.

Our little graduate.

Thank you Miss Emily for a FUN year!

We went to the Classic Garage for a fun dinner...

...and these two gave me a glimpse of the crazy summer we might have. They love to drive me nuts.

Rainy Saturday = Angry Birds in 3D. My expectations were very low, but it was actually a pretty cute movie.

The kids and I biked to Grandma & Grandpa's! I was a little nervous, the road bends a lot and cars come cruising around the turns, but we kept our newest rider in the middle and we all made it in one piece.


We got on the boat for dinner...


...and it immediately started to rain. We rode 10 feet to our other dock and got off.

One nice part of having a teeny den of Tiger Scouts (just 3 of them) is our families have become friends. To celebrate the end of the year, we had Caden & Nicholas and their families over for a grill out...

...then went for a pontoon ride. 

Pinterest got me, I turned Twinkies into Cub Scouts.

Finley walked in the Memorial Day parade w/ his Pack...
 

...and Hadley & I walked w/ Bob's House for Dogs.



Memorial Day was perfect - the kids fished and swam and ate and tubed and swam some more. 



Baby elephants.


Grandpa & Grandma are near impossible to shop for, so their Christmas gift from us was a gift for us to enjoy too...a Lily Pad! The kids LOVED it!

Whenever we're all together, there are many times someone says, Things are getting easier, in connection to how big all of the kids are getting. They swam out really far...

...they ate... 

...and they're just cute.


A little tubing before we called it a day.





No comments: