Monday, May 23, 2016

Summer's Coming

The weather is getting warm and summer is knocking on our door. There's been a lot of playing outside and the kids are loving it!

Finley had been begging to go fishing, w/ a free evening they fished off the dock...

...and he caught one!

She cracks me up. We had a full morning w/ nothing to do other than catch-up at home. We started off w/ cleaning out my closet, she LOVED the Feathers! that flew down from the shelves. Yeah, that's dust. Then I tried on a dress, she told me it looked like a smock. I had to agree, there was no back to the dress. Clearly not for a mom, back to Zappos it went.

Sister loves soccer, not only does she take the ball from the opponents...

...she steals it from her teammates. We're working on being a team player.

Break-away! She ended the game w/ a 3-4 goals. She played another game on Saturday and I didn't take a picture and then I realized it was her last game this season, oops.

The opposing team was short a couple players, so Finley's team flip-flopped to the opposing side on/off so sometimes he's wearing yellow and sometimes gold. Not sure what lit his fire, but Finley scored 4 goals! And it was enough for him to decide Maybe I DO want to play soccer next year. Um, NOPE. By his next game, he was back to walking, standing, and jumping away from the ball. He has a couple more games and then no more soccer next year.

We gave the kids an early and shared birthday gift...a giant trampoline. It was my idea and I kinda sorta can't believe I did it. It's a fun way to burn energy and exercise = good idea. But broken bones and stitches because someone's teeth went into the back of someone else's head = bad idea. (No injuries have happened yet, just my fear) Hopefully it'll be all good!

So far, so good. A few arguments on who's turn it is and who has been in there the longest, but it's new and I'm sure that part will wear off...maybe ;)


Hadley visited the Bike Whisperer to learn how to ride a two-wheeler!

Before I drove away, Sheri was already jogging behind and not holding on, I figured she'd have it mastered after 15 minutes.


About an hour later Sheri texted and Hadley was done. She'd tried hard, but was still hesitant when Sheri wasn't holding on, Sheri suggested we come back another time. Ugh, we were ruining the Bike Whisperer's 100% streak.

Sheri convinced her to try a few more times by me, but it was obvious she was done. On our drive back to EC, she kept telling me I ride on two wheels now! and I was thinking, yeah, not really.


Hadley insisted on practicing more when we got home...and she totally had it! She went up/down our driveway a bunch of times.

Two videos to prove it:


We've since gone around the block twice and we are NOT looking back - Little Sister is a two-wheeler and the Bike Whisperer's still has a 100% success rate!

Now Hadley just needs to grow 1-2 inches so she can ditch Finley's old red bike and start cruising on her new girly bike.

The Tiger Scouts ate some Tiger cake to celebrate a fun year! Thank you Bobbie for leading this crew!

It was a pot-of-gold cake w/ an M&M surprise in the middle.

Hadley celebrated her birthday w/ a Shopkins party this weekend, party pictures will come w/ her birthday post. But she's enjoying her presents!


Summer can't come soon enough, we look forward to a lot of spontaneous driveway picnics and late nights playing soon.

No comments: