Finley had a rough week both at Stephanie's and at home...If you held him, he squirmed to get down; set him down, he cried to be picked up. Getting ready before school was a challenge, I raced to relieve the screaming child sitting at my feet. On top of having a crabby baby, work was insane; every night I had a work-related function. I was an overtired, stressed out mom with a crabby baby - what a great combo! It really was a craptastic week and the weekend couldn't have come fast enough. Friday night I discovered the tip of tooth #4...maybe it's the problem??? If so, I wish it would pop through already!
The silver lining of this craptastic week...keep in mind I really don't hate my job, I just really LOVE being home...
- School's Out!
- This week is over; I'm REALLY hoping things turnaround this week or I will want to go back to work - doubtful, but we'll see.
- I enjoy Sunday nights again; I'm not ironing, packing a lunch, etc.
- For the next three months I'm a stay-at-home mom, after that I'm a part-time teacher!
Finley and I attended 5th grade graduation...this was my sixth year of teaching, my first class of Kindergartners graduated!
On Wednesday the teachers participated in a Road Rally (a scavenger hunt on the west-side of EC); it was a good break from the end-of-year stresses at work. Our team didn't win, but we had fun...The K Team + Shick
On Wednesday Finley turned 11 months old - I cannot believe it!
Finley's 11-month birthday brings on a new project, planning a 1st birthday party! It makes me a little sick to my stomach - our baby is almost one-year old!?!? Grandma and I attempted to take a picture for Finley's invitations...busy baby + camera = using an old picture. Here are a few of our failed attempts...
Finley hasn't successfully pulled himself up yet, but he's trying. We decided to lower the crib before he masters this skill. He seems so low, but we don't need another flying attempt - my heart, nerves and luck can't handle it.
Thursday was my last day with students; Grandma and Finley came to the Sherman Carnival. My kids love Finley!
Since he was born, Patrick has wanted Finley to be old enough to play in the yard...it's finally happening! Daddy got out Finley's fire engine, he's taking after Great Uncle Scott!
Finley got Saturday-morning coffee confused with happy hour...or maybe Grandma Lynn did, she's the one that brought the Korbel.
Grandpa bid on (and obviously won) a John Deere Gator, how fun will this be?? I wonder who'll hit the 'vette first? Grandpa has the Gator parked awfully close to it :)
We ended our craptastic week with some fun...hosting the Crew Get-Together! As our kids get bigger, our get-togethers are busier; I took many pictures with no one looking, it's hard to get everyone's attention and the kids don't sit still long.
Crew Get-Togethers now require multiple highchairs! The kids ate first...mac and cheese, peas, jell-o...mmmm!
Patrick needs to finish our basement and playroom; the moms and kids took over the entryway floor for extra play space. The walking children (Spencer, Luciana, and Gavin) loved running up and down the hallway; Finley learned how to gently roll on the wood floor so it doesn't hurt his head - he's so smart!
Spencer came over too! Auntie and Uncle Ryan were at a wedding reception, so Grandma dropped him off for some fun too.
Spencer and I posed for a self-portrait...
Luciana and her parents slept over, breakfast was served on the counter.
I look forward to sharing our summer adventures with you...
1 comment:
I am so glad you are on Summer break now!!!! Yay! We had one of those weeks a couple weeks ago. I was super busy and Pete was just cranky, same thing, didn't want to be held, didn't want to be down and sure enough I happened to see the top of his mouth and two new teeth coming in. It sure does make getting ready in the morning almost impossible! He's been much better lately. Phew. Hope you enjoy all your time with the little guy this summer!
Post a Comment