Patrick began Father's Day by opening his gifts from Finley...then headed off to golf - it was "his" day, so there were no complaints.
While the dads were golfing, the moms and kids made stepping stones, what fun! The moms mixed the concrete and the boys played together - Spencer loves to see everyone's belly!
We hope next year is easier!
We ended the day with a Father's Day dinner at Grandma & Grandpa's.
Earlier in the week...
On Monday, we visited Celeste for Finley's 2nd Big Boy Haircut; this time he got to wear a gown and sit in the big chair...me too!
I'm not sure if it's the haircut or this smile, but Finley looks sooooo old in this picture! This is my favorite picture of the moment - Mommy's Big Boy!
Finley LOVES to be outside! He'll get crabby inside, we go outside and he's full of smiles...sorry, this picture isn't a good example of "said" smile.
While I sit on the step and read the paper, Finley happily picks grass and mini-helicopter seeds off the sidewalk...
...and tries to eat them! Needless to say I don't get a lot of reading done!
Patrick finally got Finley's birthday swing hung! After Grandma Lynn and Grandpa Jim gave Finley his new swing, we discovered we don't have any low tree branches. Good thing Patrick is handy and was able to come up with Plan B...
Obviously the swing is a hit!
When I need a quiet minute, this is my entertainment for Finley - a bowl of Nuks. He LOVES it - he'll pop one in, take it out, put in a different one, over and over and over...we are so screwed when it's time to take the Nuks away!
Happy Birthday Great Grandma! On Thursday we brought Great Grandma cake for her birthday. Thanks to HIS Grandma, one lucky boy got an early sample of birthday cake.

On Friday, we made a road trip to the cities. We shopped for needed (I mean, new) clothes...
Happy Birthday Great Grandma! On Thursday we brought Great Grandma cake for her birthday. Thanks to HIS Grandma, one lucky boy got an early sample of birthday cake.
On Friday, we made a road trip to the cities. We shopped for needed (I mean, new) clothes...
...watched the roller coasters...
...and ate lunch!
Finley is finally making strong progress towards crawling! He's mastered 'army crawling' and now just needs to get that belly off the floor!
Finley seems to want everything he can't touch/have, when you deny him - he gets REALLY crabby...so crabby that he has started throwing tantrums and tried to bite me this week - twice! Some of his biggest "wants"...the main power switch on our office computer (he obsessively tries to push it), my coffee cup (other cups/bottles can be on the table, he only wants the one with the hot beverage in it), the TV remote, and...
...the telephone, I fear the day he accidentally dials 911...
...and he LOVES the laptop, who knew banging on a keyboard could be soooo fun!? Actually, he probably gets that from me - I love wasting time on a computer. Which brings me to an announcement...drum roll...I FINALLY joined the Facebook world and I need friends! It'll take me a bit to learn the lingo (wall, friends, status updates, etc), and the ways of Facebook, but I'm looking forward to it; another item checked-off the summer to-do list :)
What were you doing June 22nd, 2008? I was at the hospital - one year ago I went into preterm labor...guess what that means? It's almost someone's birthday!
2 comments:
Heather- I saw you are on facebook, but I tried and can't friend you- don't know if it's because you need to friend me first or not. Glad to see you on there! I really enjoy your blog. :) Megan Estreen Wolfe
Heather, your post this week totally made me smile, lots of things I remember! The nuk thing is SOOO funny, I have a video of Zach doing the exact same thing. I'm definitely screwed about getting rid of it...he LOVES his "nuckers." Gotta wait til AFTER vacation :)
Post a Comment