Sunday, June 28, 2009

Daddy's Boy


Earlier in the week....

Finley is curious about eating utensils, we are practicing with forks - I put the food on, he brings it to his mouth and is so proud of himself!

...he also had fun with yogurt!
And oddly enough, Finley has an obsession with eating paper. It's a little obsessive, he comes near any type of paper, Kleenex, etc and it's straight into his mouth!

Finley LOVES being outside (gets that from Patrick, not me), he will sit in the living room, point at the front door and cry until you take him out! We keep a basket of outside toys near the door for a quick grab on our way out.

Finley has fun riding in his car, thank goodness it has a seat belt, he attempts to touch the ground. While he loves his new car, he is petrified of bubbles - I tried twice and he SCREAMS in fear. I guess the bubble machine will stay on the shelf for now, it might put him over the edge.

Finley decided that "napping is for babies"....this week he would take ONE, ONE-HOUR nap each day...this is NOT enough. Thursday he sat in his bed and gave me an earful, he didn't cry but he talked and talked and talked in this angry voice - it was actually funny, I stood outside his door and listened. When I went in, he was sitting up in bed (a first for him), as close to the door as he could be....

Another new trick, he's pulling himself up - slam dunk!
My mess of the week...a wet diaper CAN explode! I was walking to toss out a soaked diaper and the bottom fell out! Gooey gel balls EVERYWHERE!

Finley turned into Daddy's Boy this week...BIG TIME! He claps when Patrick comes home and screams when he leaves the room. Hold on - I used to be the favorite!! Suddenly I'm playing 2nd fiddle and I DON'T LIKE IT...remember me? I'm your MOM!!! Of course Patrick is eating it up and has told everyone about his new #1 spot! Yeah, it bugs me a little ;)


We had a really big first this week! Finley FINALLY started crawling!! Woo-hoo! Life is not the same, but it's great! He is off and exploring EVERYTHING - look out world, here comes Finley!


No comments: