It shouldn't surprise anyone that every winter I start my summer to-do list; those little projects that need to be done, but don't need to be done right now...well, the first week of summer was here, time to get started. This week Finley and I spent a lot of time at home working on the to-do's. To start off, I cleaned out his closet and put away small clothes....
...while I worked, Finley 'undid' the drawers...
... and I continued to look for ways to keep him contained and entertained! I know Finley's toy box is a little scary, it's 'part-clown, part-elephant'. The only reason it's in his room? It was my childhood toy box; without the emotional attachment, it would have disappeared with the traveling circus.
Finley and I did lots of laundry, I can't WAIT until he can help put away - my least favorite part :)
I got Finley's SEVENTH photo album updated...he loved looking at the pictures, I wonder if he recognizes "that baby"???
I'm taking an online grad course and it was time to get started; Finley tried to help with my homework, actually, he was more of a pain than anything. What have I learned so far? Homework will need to be done during nap time!
We even moved to the office for a change of entertainment; I attempted to work and Finley destroyed the place!
Finley is still not crawling, but it doesn't stop him from getting anywhere or into everything. He has gotten good at 'army crawling' but prefers to quickly roll and roll and roll. Finley did have a new transportation first - he will side-step while holding onto the coffee table and go from one end to the other.

On Tuesday, we attended the M&J golf outing; Great Grandma was eager to walk with a crabby baby.
On Wednesday Leslie and I worked at school; we've got a lot to prepare for fall - gasp, yes I just said fall. While I was working, Finley hung out at Shick's house. I thought Finley would take his typical 30-45 minute afternoon nap because that's all I EVER get out of him at home. To my surprise, when I arrived back he'd been sleeping for 2.5 hours! I had to wake the stinker! Do you know how much I could get done during a 2.5 hour nap at home?!?
On Thursday, we stopped at Grandma's for happy hour; Grandma and the ladies were preparing for a thrift sale.
On Tuesday, we attended the M&J golf outing; Great Grandma was eager to walk with a crabby baby.
On Wednesday Leslie and I worked at school; we've got a lot to prepare for fall - gasp, yes I just said fall. While I was working, Finley hung out at Shick's house. I thought Finley would take his typical 30-45 minute afternoon nap because that's all I EVER get out of him at home. To my surprise, when I arrived back he'd been sleeping for 2.5 hours! I had to wake the stinker! Do you know how much I could get done during a 2.5 hour nap at home?!?
On Thursday, we stopped at Grandma's for happy hour; Grandma and the ladies were preparing for a thrift sale.
We spent Friday-Sunday hanging out at Grandma's for the thrift sale; it was great spending so much time outside. There were lots of "grandmas" on-hand to entertain, pull the wagon, read books, etc. I figure Finley will go through people-withdrawal this week at home, he LOVES attention!

You can hardly see Finley in this picture, but surprisingly, I wasn't trying to capture him...I was really taking a picture of the crazy lady pulling a wagon while wearing gold heels - what a beauty!
Finley was outside from 8-5 on Friday, and he was filthy - typical boy! He took his longest soak ever that night. I caught Finley eating bubbles; I'd say, "Ho, Ho, Ho!" and he'd laugh! 
Saturday was more thrift sale fun - Finley even ate his meals outside...
...and checked out the merchandise. Who knew a basket liner could be so fashionable?

By Saturday afternoon, Finley needed a thrift-sale break. Grandpa agreed to take his grandson and granddog on a pontoon ride.


Grandma's thrift sale was a success; all proceeds are being donated to Bob's House, an animal refuge for aging dogs. They are in the beginning construction phase and hope to have dogs living with them this fall; Grandma and the ladies raised over $1700 for Bob's House!
...and checked out the merchandise. Who knew a basket liner could be so fashionable?
By Saturday afternoon, Finley needed a thrift-sale break. Grandpa agreed to take his grandson and granddog on a pontoon ride.
Grandma's thrift sale was a success; all proceeds are being donated to Bob's House, an animal refuge for aging dogs. They are in the beginning construction phase and hope to have dogs living with them this fall; Grandma and the ladies raised over $1700 for Bob's House!
I close with a video clip from this week...Finley was entertaining himself. It was so funny and obviously VERY fun. Finley would spin in a circle, then clap for himself...enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment