Sunday, June 28, 2009

Party Time!

Saturday, we celebrated our Baby Boy's 1st Birthday a little early - his birthday is July 3rd. The weather was questionable, but after a storm quickly blew through it turned into a perfect afternoon!
Because Finley is our Monkey, we made that our theme....
The balloons scared Finley at first, but then he loved them :)

I was feeling a bit nostalgic - and truly a little sad - so I dug out Finley's coming home outfit, his newborn pictures and a preemie diaper, just to remind us how far he's come...he was soooo tiny! I think the preemie diaper would only cover one 'cheek' now :)
Finley had many friends help him celebrate...from left to right, there's Finley, Duncan, Mya, Liam, Riley, Marcus, Frannie, Spencer and Gavin.
Liam wasn't too sure about the group picture, before we let mom rescue him we had to take the cry-shot :)
The Birthday Boy got horribly spoiled with lots of gifts! He got clothes, a monogrammed PBK chair, a wagon, a ride-on-toy, water table, a swing, books, toys for his sandbox, a pool, trucks and more! Finley was very interested in the wrapping paper and let his friends try out the toys.

We had a yummy grill out with lots of good food! With a summer birthday, I think this will remain a constant for Finley's parties - and Finley LOVED his hot dog!

We are so proud of our little boy and loved celebrating him with good friends and family....

...including his two favorite Aunties who spoil him!

Onto the cake...I couldn't wait for this part...
...and it wasn't very exciting! Finley wasn't interested in cake and made bad faces. I LOVE cake...where's his sweet tooth?!?!
And my favorite "cake picture"...I swear it wasn't sour!



Thank you everyone for celebrating with us! We are lucky to have such great family, friends and grandparents! Thanks for helping with food, the gifts and the love you share with our little boy. We are so proud of Finley!


Scroll down to see Daddy's Boy and the rest of our week....

1 comment:

Kristi, Dan & Liam said...

The cry shot kills me. Mya looks a little bit like..."seriously, will someone just take him from me already?" Fun day! I love the cake shots too. :)