He's in love.
Hadley's been coughing for too long. I debated all week about running her into the clinic, I hate hearing it'll run it's course. With no sign of improvement and a chest that had rattles/crackles, I made an appointment on Thursday. Hadley cried and cried while the nurse checked her oxygen level. While she dramatically screamed (it's a painless procedure that involves a small sticker on her foot), I cheered...I discovered two teeth!!! They must've just popped out, I've been checking almost every evening.
Hadley's appointment included a nebulizer treatment and a chest x-ray. After a frantic call asking Grandma to pick Finley up from preschool (seriously, I had no idea we'd be there for two hours) we left with two teeth, bronchitis and our own nebulizer to take home. She does OK with Tucker the Turtle and the rattles/crackles are gone, only a little cough remains.
So far, there are only two perks to a non-napping child...an earlier bedtime (on a napping day, he can easily stay up until 9:30, it sucks) and time alone with Finley. We were building and I (sadly) realized that Finley & I are rarely alone. We're together a lot, but either Hadley's with, we're running errands or he's following me around the house doing laundry. It was nice to play with just Finley. And he thinks I'm a great house-builder...Auntie - Magna Tiles are a HUGE hit.
According to Finley, baking muffins = someone's birthday. The only connection I can make? It's a stretch, but we used muffin papers leftover from Patrick's birthday cupcakes.
Finley (literally) licked the bowl, of course I laughed...
...which only encouraged him to stick his head in further....
...and resulted in muffin-batter hair.
Hadley and her drippy nose tried a muffin - her first real-real food.
We had a pretty boring week and weekend, which is always OK. With winter here, we found things to do inside, like window markers...
Finley likes to build a pillow-nest around Hadley and bounce her. Both kids laugh as I cringe waiting for the first accident.
...cool books...
...and LOTS of puzzles.
Baby girl patiently waits for anything to get within reach. I wonder how long she'll be patient? She's starting to lunge and reeeaaaccch for things - I can see the wheels turning, how do I get over there?
Finley likes to build a pillow-nest around Hadley and bounce her. Both kids laugh as I cringe waiting for the first accident.
Finley & Patrick went ice fishing to try out Finley's new pole from Santa. Patrick said Finley had the most fun using the scoop.
After fishin' Finley tried out his new sled - he liked that too!
All kinds of fun can be had at Grandpa & Grandma's - sleepovers, the iPad, pontoon, dress-up clothes, Wii Bowling, filling bird feeders, fishing year-round and sledding. Finley asks everyday to go to Grandma's house, I think he wants to move in. If I say, not today, he asks to go to Grandpa's house...nice try. I wonder if Grandpa would buy character shoes that light-up?



No comments:
Post a Comment