Hadley shared her 7-month birthday with Grandma's real birthday. What to give the Grandma that has everything? A care package to donate to Bob's House for Dogs - she liked it.
Spencer picked out Grandma's yellow birthday cake...
...Easton couldn't wait to blow out the candles...
...and after all the kids helped, would you like some cake?
We enjoyed the Rose Bowl Party...until Grandma was rushed to the ER. Fortunately, it was 'only' a gall bladder attack - she'll be having it removed in February.
What else do you need to know about our 7-month old? She's almost a perfect sleeper again. The ear infection derailed us, but for the most part she's back to sleeping 11-12 hours/night. She eats two meals of baby food / day and peas make her gag every time. Her cooing has changed, we're starting to hear some bababa, dadada and I'm encouraging mamama ;) She doesn't have any teeth yet and won't take a nuk. I've tried, but she immediately spits it out. I'd never met a baby that refuses a nuk, Hadley was surprised too!
Hadley has become a grabber! Your hair, earrings, necklace, drink, pen, newspaper, etc. She'll lunge for anything that gets near her and attack it.
She's getting the hang of using her fingers. Once in awhile she picks up a puff, but she's not crazy about eating them yet.
A 7-month, happy, non-mobile baby is...PERFECT! Hadley's totally content just sitting and playing - love it!
Finley's new adventure? Preschool! Why preschool when he already attends daycare? As many of you know, Finley can be hard to understand. In September, I requested a speech evaluation through our school district and he qualified. We chose an intense approach and enrolled him in a two-day/week preschool that's taught by a speech therapist (it's through our public school district). There are 8 students in his class, the students must be 'typical' with their only need being speech therapy. I've shed major tears, I didn't want Finley to 'need' speech, but I don't want him to get frustrated either (he's not yet). Truthfully, I never thought this would make the blog. But, it's a part of him and hopefully something that will quickly be behind us. He started Thursday, I was a wreck assuming I'd run out leaving a crying little boy - nope, he waved and LOVED it. He was SO excited to go (see the picture below) and he's ready for next week - he'll even have Phy Ed in the gym! He wants to ride the school bus...I'm NOT ready for that. I'm so proud of my big boy.
From recent posts, you'll see our kids are lovin' the dress-up clothes at Grandma's house. Finley received a Fireman's Outfit for Christmas! It blows my mind - this kid can pitch a fit getting dressed in the morning and he refuses certain shoes...but throw a costume his way and it's game on!
We babysat Nolan for a little bit - I'm happy my kids are singletons! I can't imagine what life would be like if Hadley would've arrived with a partner - no thanks. We enjoyed having Nolan (Finley showed him EVERYTHING) and he was happy during his visit, but I am happy being a mom of two.
We'll close with some comparison pictures of Mommy & Hadley! This was me at 7 1/2 months old...
...and Hadley at 7-months wearing my 1st Christmas dress. I had skinnier feet and WAY more hair!
This was me on Christmas Eve at 9 1/2 months old.
Check out Hadley's shoes - those were mine too!








No comments:
Post a Comment