We have a bus rider! Preschool started Wednesday, I dropped Finley off at daycare (picture below) and he rode the bus to preschool! I wish I could say he rode the bus back to daycare, but I can't. It never came to get him. I was upset/annoyed (panicked when I got the phonecall), but thankful he has a wonderful teacher who kept him happy until I got there. Student Transit claims they'll pick him up on Monday, fingers crossed.
Finley recently moved to a classroom downstairs at daycare. Everyone knows the big kids are downstairs and it's the cool place to be. Finley proudly showed me his cutting practice (the greenish picture).
I worried how Hadley would adjust to napping at Amy's. No more worries :)
Finley rarely wants his picture taken, so when he asks, I oblige. My cute kids.
When I'm off every/other Wednesday, I spend 2-4 hours on school work. Finley still attends daycare (so I can do school work) and I keep Hadley home. She used to be the easy one...
....she's not anymore. If I sit at the computer she stands at my feet and screeches. If I work at the coffee table she begs to 'help'.
Packer pancakes!
I love kids in jammies! Auntie spoiled Hadley by sending her ballerina jammies!
We attended Family Fitness Night at my school - exercise and snacks!
In preparation for Finley & Daddy's road trip, we gave Patrick an early birthday present - a DVD player for his car.
The boys left Friday night and Hadley had a sleepover at Grandma's (my final 20-miler training run was Saturday morning). Grandma gave Hadley a special purse with dachshunds on it.
And she knows how to use it.
On Saturday, Finley & Patrick returned for Finley's soccer game.
Finley wasn't as into it this week. I'm not sure if he was fearful of being knocked over again (last week) or if he was tired from Friday night. But there was a lot of this happening:
He scored two goals...for the other team. Overall he's -4, +2.
A cute cheerleader!
Finally - Finley's Camping Trip! Patrick's aunt and uncle were camping near Black River Falls, and the boys joined them. Finley has been waiting all summer to go!
The tent...
...fishing...
...popcorn over the fire...
...and marshmallows with Grandma Kathleen & Aunt Patrice! This will become an annual camping weekend, Finley is already asking to go again. He even said I can come too - lucky me!
While the boys camped, Hadley and I had a quiet night at home. I turned the bath on and ran to get Hadley's jammies (Safety Note: the tub was not filling yet, just running to get warm, her bedroom is right next to the bathroom) I returned to find this...
....and a few years ago I'd found this. Same idea, same expression - busted.




















No comments:
Post a Comment