Blankie, check. Bangle bracelets, check. Piece of blank paper, check. It's dinner time.
There will be a baby sale! And it's bittersweet. I don't need these things anymore, but there are memories with each piece of baby gear and outfit. And I already like the huge area in my storage closet that's opened up.
Someone started soccer this week! Finley had his first practice over Labor Day weekend. He has new soccer cleats, shin guards, soccer socks, a Spiderman water bottle and a shiny new ball. He was ready.
Finley's team is made up of three girls, two boys, Coach Travis and the team parent...me. AYSO relies on parent volunteers to operate, my duties include organizing the snack calendar, setting up team pictures and that's it for now. Finley's first practice focused on keeping your hands OFF the ball.
With kid-sports officially starting, we have ordered a more powerful camera lens so we can actually see Finley in action!
Hadley had seen enough.
After a crazy Tuesday & Wednesday at school, I was happy to be home Thursday & Friday. We ran a bunch of errands and played.
The Sports Center is back open for the school year! We didn't make plans to meet friends and Finley seemed lost without a buddy. All he wanted to do was play on the video games...why does the Sports Center even have video games?!?!
Our little Easton had another set of tubes put in and his tonsills/adenoids removed. We sent him a message via Facebook and a teddy bear balloon bouquet to help cheer him up.
Phonology preschool starts up again next week, we visited Finley's classroom and teacher on Friday. Finley is excited about his new Batman backpack and riding the bus - I'm a wreck about riding the bus! Finley moved into the Mon-Wed afternoon class and since I work Mon-Tues/Wed I can't transport him. Finley was fitted for a bus harness (portable seat belt), and fortunately it's a short ride from daycare to preschool. We LOVE Ms. Megan and are so happy Finley is in her class again! (He has new school-kicks and they don't light up!)
We saw a crazy rainbow. It was red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, yellow, green, blue, purple, yellow, green, blue, purple. Triple lucky?
Hadley's a girl. She insisted on two barrettes and was able to communicate this (strong) desire to me. She also communicated her annoyance when she discovered I'd removed one. Excellent communication skills for someone that only uses 8ish words regularly...then again, throwing herself back and screeching isn't hard to interpret.
Hadley turned 15-months old! It was a really easy appointment and I felt like there should be more to ask, share, or have Dr. Myhre question me on. Our well-baby checked out absolutely perfect. Hadley has molar-action starting, but other than that there was nothing. She weighed in at 22.15 lbs (50%), was 30.7 inches long (56%) and has a big 'ol melon like her brother (72%).
Finally the day Finley's been waiting for, his first soccer game. Go Raccoons! (picture in the sun = squinty eyes). Finley is #2!
There are six kids on the field at a time (3 per team), all following the ball in a clump.
The kid might have some natural talent...
...that's a big kick!
And again!
Finley scores...in an around-the-goal, back-towards-it, slowly-but-surely way!
That's right, I got it, totally a Soccer Star in my first game!










No comments:
Post a Comment