Patrick's birthday was finally here, we posted a FB picture before we left for school.
Hadley LOVES my basket of bracelets. She wears them all over the house - true girl!
Laundry basket, check. DVD box, check. Empty milk jug, check. Fun, check.
All that fun wore her out.
I think the ability to make perfect car / truck / airplane / animal noises are part of a little boy's genetic design. And Finley's taught them to his sister. Hadley has perfected airplane noises and is able to shoot a spider web out of her hand.
Stickers are the HOT item in our house right now. Multiple times a day, the sticker box is emptied and we're all forced to wear them (even with pleas not to waste them on us). Currently the couch, my bedroom wall, the bathroom faucet and Finley's door are all wearing stickers, because you cannot throw them away. You stick the fuzzy stickers to something so that you can wear them again...then get frustrated because they don't stick well...I have a love/hate feeling towards the sticker box right now.
She doesn't always want to wear stickers, but he insists and hides them on her.
Spying on our neighbor's thrift sale.
Preparing for our own - goodbye baby stuff!
The weather has been perfectly fall. Lucky for us, our neighborhood is beautiful in the fall. The kids love the trail behind our house. See the sticker on her back?
Finley stopped to throw leaves.
Copycat stopped to throw leaves.
And when your big brother comes at you with leaves...
It took 45 minutes, but Hadley, Finley & I left our yard and made a loop on the trail.
He may or may not have been told to hold his sister's hand.
Tired girl needed a rest. See the sticker?
Our kindergarten class went on a field trip, so we crashed and joined the fun.
She spotted a witch.
The moment we arrived, Finley started asking to do the shooting thing with pumpkins, like a ball hoop, I did with Spencer, you know that one time with the orange things like a ball. Yeah, ok, no idea. He pulled me into the gold-mining shed...we were here a year ago, how does he remember this stuff?!
We hiked the Spooky Ridge Trail.
They added a ball maze (like a giant marble track) and Finley loved it. You put your ball in the top...
...then race down the hill (while your mom waits for you to slip and eat dirt) to catch your ball at the bottom.
We climbed hay....
...drove the train...
...played in the dirt...
...caused pile-ups on the race track (she drives backwards yet)...
When we got home, I had an awesome idea - let the kids decorate their baby pumpkins. We opened a new pack of Sharpies, covered the table and they got to work.
Finley was so proud - he wrote his name!
Not bad on the side of a bumpy pumpkin...the "L" isn't THAT important.
I swear I blinked.
...Finley sets them on the counter and I put them away.
The Raccoons took on the Squirrels this weekend. Finley neither helped nor hurt his overall scoring record, no goals this week. Finley's friend Ethan (furthest on left in gray) plays for the Squirrels, it was fun to see them together.
Tyler & Finley entertained themselves on the bench. Finley took Tyler's picture while Tyler videotaped Finley.
Finley wants to be the goalie, but when it's 3-on-3 soccer, no one is placed as goalie. We'd told Finley everyone was a goalie and to block the ball. He looks good. It might be hard to spot, but there's defintely a sticker on the front of his jesey.
Not sure what new move this was?!
The Raccoons!
In one week, I face my biggest physical challenge - the marathon. I feel sick typing the word. Training has gone fast / well, and I'd been injury-free until about a week ago. With nearly every step I take, my right hip flexor is reminding me that it's there. I'm nervous how it'll feel 14, 18, 20, 24, 26 miles in. Watch for a recap on Monday, I'm taking a me-day from all children (students and my own) to recover. While I've been loving our perfctly fall weather, my fingers are crossed that I don't perfectly fall next Sunday.












No comments:
Post a Comment