Sunday, September 2, 2012

First Race & Pig Tails!

60+ HOURS = the amount of time I spent at school this week!  Leslie & I spent all of Monday and Tuesday morning working in various district buildings on lesson plans.  Finally at 2:00 on Tuesday we were allowed into our school, our stuff was in a neighboring classroom...

...together we put in over 120 hours (plus my mom helped for another 7ish hours) and we finished with a beautiful classroom.  Our district is being forced to adhere to strict fire codes, which only allow 20% of the walls to be covered with combustible materials (this includes our wooden cabinets), so our classroom isn't quite as colorful as we'd like it, but we're following the rules (no surprise there).

I hardly saw my kids all week!  Between Monday night and Friday morning, I saw Hadley a total of 60 minutes, all of which were in the car driving her to the sitter's or Grandma's.  Grandma, Finley & Hadley came to visit Friday morning and check out our new space.

Finley would've spent all day watching the Bobcat out the window.

And Hadley proved why we don't bring our kids to work with us...busted, coloring on the poster.

Hadley spent two days with Grandma.

Saturday was the annual Buckshot Run!  Due to my training, I had a 20-miler scheduled and couldn't participate.  But Heidi did the two-miler!  That's her hand waving above the guy holding the flag at the starting line.

After she took off, Grandpa, the 5 Littles & I rushed back to the finish line.  Grandpa was pushing three kids and holding one - that's a heavy load!

Here she comes!

She did it and had an awesome time of 17:55!  Way to go Heidi!  (Spencer has a huge fear of mascots and had spotted a giant fish).

The Kid's Fun Run!  The three big boys stretched and got ready!

Ready, set, go!  (Finely is in the blue t-shirt behind the girl in green).

I hustled along to take pictures, Finley was LOVING it!!

Here he comes!

Here comes Easton, Spencer & Ryan! 

I'm surprised Spencer didn't win the entire race trying to get away from the mascots!

Congratulations Finley!  I'm so proud of you!

Saturday afternoon Grandpa & Uncle Ryan took the biggest boys to the UWEC football game!

Last week brought sad news, Zoey has terminal cancer.  I'm not an "animal person" (at all), but this news has hit us all hard.  She's such a good dog.  How many other dogs lay on their backs allowing multiple children to crawl all over her, pull her tail, poke at her eyes and take it in stride?  She's allowed my pet-less children to feel like they have a pet too. 

Zoey really holds a spot with Hadley, Hadley lights up when she sees "puh, puh, puh" (I think that means puppy?).  Hadley follows her all over Grandma's house...

....even shows Zoey her tricks, like finding her belly.

The two littlest had their first fight.  Nolan had Hadley's blanket and she wasn't happy.

It's official, girly-girl things are starting to happen and I'm going to need help.  Hadley got her first mail...

...and while spending time with Grandma & Auntie, she got her first pig-tails. 


No comments: