Sunday, July 7, 2013

4th of July

We had a picnic-playdate with Melissa, Elle & Elise. 

Finley & Hadley both adore Elise, too bad I don't want another baby, they'd probably love one of their own...or not.  It's probably more fun to visit a baby once in awhile.
 

Elle has a super-cool kid-sized trampoline.  My kids liked it enough that I picked one up as a last minute birthday gift for Finley too.
 
Melissa does cool stuff like water balloons.
 
Finley & Spencer were in the newspaper!
 
July 4th, 2012!

July 4th, 2013!
 

Adorable girl in her new suit - Thanks Suzie!

Finley was ready for a full day of fun!

Hadley splashing Nolan!

We were joined by family and friends and spent the entire day outside by the water.  Sam, Spencer, Conner, Finley & Austin.

Darren, Patrick & Uncle Tim.

Jake, Hadley & Nolan.

Auntie Dixie, Shellee, Grandma & Hadley.

Amanda, Heidi, Chris, Ryan & Grandpa.

Scared of the boys?

No, she keeps up just fine - Easton is buried under there!

Fireworks prep - totally legal.  Grandpa puts on a great show - boats come from across the lake to watch.

Water fun!

Sam, Spencer & Finley hit the tube first!

Hadley & Finley rode with Patrick alongside Austin & Conner!

The girls.

Spencer immediately got up on the training skis - REAL skis!

Finley was not as successful.  Uncle Ryan had him going, he was being pulled, if he would've just stood up.  After dragging his bottom a little ways, he let go.

I really hope he'll try skiing again.  Even though he didn't seem scared, I have a feeling he's spooked and will stick to the trainer this summer.

Finley tried out a kneeboard - fortunately he's little enough that he floats (no drag to 'get up'), and Darren kept Finley in the wake the entire time.

Sweet picture.

I love, love, love puppy chow.  Hadley does too.

We celebrated the July birthdays - Finley & Uncle Tim share July 3rd, Conner is a true firecracker on July 4th and Nolan is July 14th.

This picture says it all - two peas in a pod.  And I love it.

Cake-face.

The kids had fun with those little bang-snap-thingys that pop when you throw them on the ground.

There was begging...

...and Ryan made them do push-ups to get more.

Captain Nolan.  Of all the grandkids, this monkey could probably successfully escape from all of us via boat....no worries, Ryan was standing on the dock for this picture.

Grandpa's girl.
 
Pre-show set-up. 

Once it's dark, we head onto the lake to watch the fireworks.

Ryan photobombed this picture, which turned out well.  After reviewing the picture, I discovered another bomber on the right.

Once again, Grandpa put on a pretty fireworks display.  We appreciate it, even if Hadley said "scare me" the whole time ;)

Finley has always enjoyed helping Grandma with her bird feeders.  Over the past couple years, she's helped us build a collection of feeders too.  Unfortunately, they've been sitting in our garage collecting dust.  Recently, Spencer & Finley have shown interest in types of birds.  They each have a bird book and Finley has been bookmarking the types he has seen.  It was long overdue - we dusted off our feeders and got them hung up. 

I ran to the store to pick up seed.  Seriously, wow.  I had a near panic attack in the birdseed aisle (I once had a panic attack in a wine aisle), so many choices and I am completely clueless.  So I bought random 'wild bird' seed and hopefully it'll attract some birds.

Unfortunately I couldn't get the feeder back together and we seeded a portion of our yard. 
 
 On Saturday we went to Carson Park, Finley's been begging to go.

We took a hike on a trail.

And both kids overcame a fear.  Finley went down the large tube-tunnel...

...and Hadley went across the moving bridge.

After the hot-hot temperatures in the park, we needed ice cream.  I told Finley I'd take him anywhere - Dairy Queen, Culver's, the create-your-own yogurt shop, wherever.  He had his own idea - Kwik Trip.  A gas station?  I think he likes the endless options in the freezer case.  He told Hadley about all the different treats - obviously, Finley & Daddy have stopped here before.

Popcorn night!  Check out Finley in the second picture.
 
It's beginning to feel like a never-ending birthday, just a teeny more.  Finley received two Target gift cards that he wanted needed to spend immediately.  Ah, the choices.  A lot of thought goes into purchases when you're using your own money.  Finley also likes to point out everything he already has...these shopping trips are l-o-n-g.

In the end, he chose a set of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  He had just enough money to buy all four turtles.  He's very proud of them.

 



I posted Finley's 5! late last week - see  below!

 

No comments: