Finley kicked off the week with "Sand Lots", it was a one-week camp through Parks & Rec that focused on team building. They played on the college football field - really stinkin' hot this week. It was a drop-off camp, so my pictures were limited and I have no idea what they really did the entire time.
I have a love-hate with this drop-off stuff. It's a sign he's growing up (hate), it was nice NOT to sit in the painfully hot bleachers (love), but what do you do with 75 minutes to burn (hate)? It's not long enough to go home, but I didn't have four days of errands to run. So, Hadley & I went to coffee and played at the park.
It was a hot-hot week!
Sprinklers produce great faces.
She wasn't so sure.
But she's awfully cute staying dry.
Boys do weird things.
And we laugh at them.
Water shooters!
And a helpful big brother.
Popsicles, yes please.
Sometimes after bath, we go back outside for a little more playing. Jammies & bikes.
Jammies & trampoline.
He got air.
She got air.
She won.
But usually she's knocked down first.
Beachin' it!
We met up with Rachel, Carter & Owen for our first trip to the beach.
It was super hot and the water felt great.
Throwing sand. Eh, as long as it doesn't hit someone, go nuts.
Finley was so proud to go 'really deep'.
Staying cool.
Finley & I had a dinner date at Target.
More Sand Lots! Due to the extremely high temperatures and humidity, they had two water days.
Drip, Drip, Splash is the water-version of Duck, Duck, Goose and it was a big hit with the kids. Rather than saying, Duck, the kids dripped water on one another. And when they dumped their cup on someone, they yelled Splash! and ran around the circle.
Beachin' it again, this time with Easton, Nolan, Caden & Cooper.
They all refused to look at me.
A group met up at the Express Game, it was Finley's first one! By the time I got there, Patrick had Finley fully-outfitted in a new t-shirt and hat.
Loving Trax!
Testing his pitching skills.
And hanging out!
Parents were invited to watch the last day of Sand Lots.
The coaches had a lot of fun games and did really well managing the group of 4-5 year olds.
But, dang it was hot. I worked up a sweat sitting in the bleachers, I can't imagine how the kids were feeling running around.
Eventually Hadley was forced to play under the bleachers to be in the shade - she loved swinging on the rails.
Sand Lots ended with an awards assembly!
Tattoo parlor. He told her it would only hurt for a second.
Gavin came to visit, it was a Superhero afternoon!
It was a 5:00 show, Finley hadn't napped, I wasn't surprised to see this.
After the movie they had pizza on the boat and went fishing with Grandpa, followed by a sleepover.
After a 17-year hiatus, I went to Country Jam!
While Patrick & I jammed, the kids went to Grandpa & Grandma's. Hadley doesn't like their crib, so she naps in the chair.
Finley took a nap too.
Grandpa took Finley & Spencer fishing.
How cute is she?
Finley caught a fish!
And Hadley ate a donut!
It seems our days have been full of all-things summer - camp, the beach, fishing and baseball. The calendar is starting to make me panic, we have three weeks left before the kids will start their slow transition into their new daycare It's full-on summer, but please SLOW DOWN!



























No comments:
Post a Comment