Wow - a FIVE year old! Certainly not a baby, no longer a toddler, but a real kid. And Finley couldn't be more excited.
Five years ago we brought home this teeny preemie.
Five years ago we brought home this teeny preemie.
That preemie became a one year old...
...a two year old...
...a three year old...
...a four year old...
...and finally, a five year old. I think Finley lives for birthdays, he's been counting down the days.
His fourth year in review, followed by the celebrations for his 5th birthday!
Finley had a 'Boating & Tubing' party to celebrate his 5th birthday!
Grandpa & Grandma's house was the perfect location!
Finley's favorite food is hang-a-burgers, so we had hamburgers for lunch.
There was also 'fish n chips' and 'fishbowls'.
Party favors.
Finley's Boating & Tubing cake was adorable.
Onto the party! There was plenty to keep our little guests busy...a water slide...
...a slip n slide...
...and plenty to eat.
After lunch, the over-anxious Birthday Boy wanted to open presents and have cake!
Easton was spying from behind the tree.
Finley thinks Elise is adorable and loved that he could make her smile/laugh.
Everyone had turns tubing, riding in the boat and using the water ski trainer.
Kids and goggles, hilariously-cute.
There was some fishing...
...and popsicles too!
I'm 5!
Finley really, really, really wanted a piñata for his 'real' birthday. Knowing it'd be Hadley, Finley & I during the day, I told Finley I'd buy one for the 4th of July. Nope. He wanted it on his real birthday. I didn't exactly have his vision with this...then again, his vision probably included him breaking the piñata without any help and scoring all of the candy. After chatting with the neighbor, who recently made a piñata, I decided that sounded like fun. We'd make one. After 10 minutes, I was making one.
Finley woke up a 5-year old and ready for a big day. He set the stage - literally, he tipped over a box and put his presents on top.
By 7 a.m., Finley had asked 35 times if he could open his presents. Knowing I'd never make it until 5:00, I said yes, but we'd save he biggest one for when Patrick got home.
We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast.
The Birthday Boy got to choose our activity for the day - mini golf!
Hadley was cute...
...and kinda annoying. She hung in there, fortunately the course was empty and she could wander around without getting away.
Regardless, Finley had fun. Although he's a horrible liar about his score - every hole was a 'hole in one' or a '2'. Right.
The Birthday Boy chose one game to play on our way out - I'm not a fan of the attached arcade.
Finley's birthday dinner was at the root beer stand!
Ice cream cones!
And finally, the piñata. That just wouldn't.break. Eventually it did and he scored all of the candy except what Hadley could quickly gather ;)
Finley - you are the best kid! We love you so much! Happy Birthday - you are finally 5! And in true Finley-style, you're already planning your 6th birthday party!












No comments:
Post a Comment