Sunday, July 14, 2013

Summer means...

Summer means... Playdates planned on a moment's notice. The Children's Museum, was perfect for a morning that was sticky-hot with a stormy forecast.

We met up with Rachel, Carter & Owen.

Water Works is always a favorite.

Music!

The museum opened their second floor, it's not finished yet, but it was fun to see what's coming.

Illegal.

Summer means... Muscle shirts, ugh.  I'd managed to avoid the fashion-faux-pas of 'muscle shirts' on my little boy.  Whenever Finley has mentioned them, I've always made a silly deal of - 'oh gross'.  On Monday, Finley ran errands with Grandma and joined the club.  He says he's super-fast when he wears it.  We certainly won't lose him in a crowd.

Hadley & I had an evening just the two of us - she must've been bored.  She walked around blabbing on an old cellphone.  She was either talking to, or about, Auntie, Ryan & Nolan because she kept dropping their names.

Summer means... Keeping cool!  We hit up Wakanda Waterpark with friends!

Spencer's first stop was the waterslide!

Which made Finley feel brave.  As he was walking up the winding staircase, I told Melissa I'd buy her dinner if he went down.  It was a safe bet.  He quickly returned to the deck via the stairs.

Splashing!

Finley liked the floating logs, he needed a little help, but made it across!

Gavin & Spencer liked the logs too.

There were plenty of snacks!


And peek-a-boo with Elise.

 Cheers!

Summer means...  Birthday pictures.  The five littles all had their picture taken - individually, as a fivesome and with siblings.  Fingers crossed the photographer captured a few good pictures.  He thinks he did.  I'm hoping. 

Summer means...  Hanging out with Tab!  She came along on our photoshoot to help with crowd control.

Summer means... Full days with nothing we 'need' to do.  We headed to Irvine Park.

I'm sure the ducks/geese are overfed.  They weren't even interested in our bread.

 But she was.

The caged animals are kind of sad at the park - we rarely see anything.

So we run past.

But the tigers were active.  Actively pacing.  I'm sure the glass is thick and I'm sure they can't break out.  It's still creepy.


He was totally staring down the kids.

So was the white one...

...who walked right over to Hadley.

Off to the bears. 

Two-on-two staring contest.

Summer means...  The splash fountains!

 Finley had a lot of fun!

 And Hadley guarded her candy.

 Summer means...  Eating outside at Culvers.

And definitely getting ice cream!

Summer means...  A radish!  Our first vegetable out of Gerome the Gnome's Magical Garden!  Finley was excited to pull it, did he eat it?  Yeah right.  He didn't even want to hold it for a picture.

Summer means...  Nolan's Birthday!  Our littlest little turned 2!

Somehow, I managed to lose track of time and we were late to his party!?  Ugh.  I knew his party was at 3, but I had it in my mind we'd leave at 2:40...it's an hour drive.  Makes no sense.  We missed this part.

 But we still had time for pizza, cake and fun!

Evidently, Grandpa's infamous "cell phone free zone" at family gatherings doesn't apply to himself.

Baby twins.

Happy Birthday Sweet Nolan!

Summer means...  A gigantic delivery from Shutterfly.  For the second year in a row, I've ordered 12 months worth of pictures or 1,487 prints.  For the second year in a row, I vow to keep up from now on...it'll never happen.

Summer means...  Family reunion.  My Grandma's coffee pot, check.  Wearing Grandma's ring and necklace, check.  Attempted Grandma's chicken-broccoli hot dish, check.  Off to the park we went.  For the first time, Finley signed his own name in the book.

Two days in a row, breaking his own rule.  Supposedly this didn't count because he was talking to family.

Summer means...  Dirty kids.  I love pulling squeaky clean kids out of a tub.  Dirty kids = fun summer day. 


No comments: