Finley participated in an entire Sports Tykes class by himself! Previously he was either too distracted or I was forced to go out with him...not this week!
Finley got many awesome birthday gifts, but it's safe to say there's a favorite...his tackle box! Uncle Tim & Auntie Dixie gave him a real tackle box; Finley has opened it up, dug around, rearranged and organized his tackle box over and over - and there's only two bobbers, a plastic fish and a pair of sunglasses in it! Even though he calls it his "tool" box, Finley knows what it's for and has asked to go fishing everyday.
Today Patrick took Finley fishing...
...AND HE CAUGHT HIS FIRST FISH!
We (finally) started potty training - it sucks. Due to no interest (Finley) and laziness (me), I've put potty training off for too long. We've got a chart, he's tried a few times at both home and school, but he has yet to actually go potty. I wish there was someone I could hire to train him! I think he needs to be trained to move up classrooms at school - he knows this, but eh, a wet diaper doesn't seem to bug him. Saturday night he wanted underwear on, we weren't going anywhere so we tried it. We reminded him 100 times to tell us if he needed to go, "OK Mom!" and within 30 minutes he'd peed and pooped in them - ugh!
Hadley looks excited to be outside too...not really, she's probably thinking, You stick me in this seat inside AND outside?? With two kids, the bouncy is important so I can chase #1! I am so, so, so thankful she's a content baby!
Finley loves to help Grandma fill her bird feeders; he drives the seed out to her.
Treadmills and toddlers don't mix. Our rule has always been - no playing on the treadmill. Saturday morning I was running and the other three were downstairs playing (which annoys me, but that's another story). Finley came over needing a kleenex, I pushed pause and jumped off. In the one second I turned my back, Finley (thinking it was off) stepped onto the treadmill as it was slowing down. He slipped, fell onto the moving belt, slid to the end and got wedged between the wall/belt. Patrick and I both jumped to free him...we got him out. But Patrick ended up laying across the treadmill, Hadley was in his hands on the floor, I was on Patrick's back and had thrown Finley about a foot away...Finley was screaming, I was screaming! I'm sure it was a sight! Fortunately Finley only ended up with a small burn on his arm, but it was scary and could've turned out much worse.
While Finley was at school this week, I organized and labeled his toys...ha, why do I bother...
...but it's so much fun! Finley's had a really good week, after a couple rough ones (about a month after Hadley arrived), we've had our nice little boy back - no fits, no bedtime fights - love it!
And the most exciting milestone this week - Hadley started smiling and cooing! I love it when she "talks" to me!
And it wasn't a one-time smile...she gave Grandpa one too!





No comments:
Post a Comment